CANT SLEEP!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay im just bout 2 goto bed and this kid im's me on aim, Says "Ricky you wanna buy an old schwinn? Its been in my grandpas garage for a lonng time" i was like "Maybe whats it look like?" " I dunno" he says. He cant tell if its a boys or girls bike He said it looks A little like this.http://fussa.bigmamablog.jp/images ... CN6483.jpg
I cant sleep now WHAT If its a PEA PICKER OR SOMTHING! AHHH!

Ricky..
This is where you Learn!!

Just go over there..
or have him send you a Real Photo...
and say.."Thats a cool old Bike"

"I Like Old Bikes"...does he want to sell it"
and shut up and Listen!!

play it cool and see what happens..don't start
Pipping off about this and that.

If he sells it to you offer to Pay for his Time to break it down..
and ship it.

good Luck Sleeping Ricky,
:wink: Kev.

I know lol im not gonna freak. I goto skool with the kid. So its all good. Should i get even if its a girls bike? I want it.

maybe it is a rare grape picker those are super cool. good luck buddy

Thanks, I prob got like 3 hours of sleep. OFF TO THE ORTHODONTIST. Be back later.

To the Orthodontist batman!!! :mrgreen:

Just to let you know that link you gave us is a fastback, but you probably already know that. I hope the bikes something good, and to answer your question almost any bike older than 1974 is worth it to me. Of course there is a fine limit to that rule.

A late 70's breeze lol RUSTED Beyond beilef the rims wouldnt hold up under my abuse. So i said thanks for thinking of me but nothanks.

True hooch. Hey some1 help me How many meters are in a mile half mile and quarter mile?

I'm suffering from this too. As I posted in my intro a friend of mine, an older Gentleman, has a barn chock full of fat tired bikes by Schwinn, JC Higgins, Columbia, Western Flyer, and more. He was going to sell me a 57 Schwinn but changed his mind as he wanted to let his grandchildren ride it while they were here. It's the only one he had ready to use. He said I could just pick another one. So I have to wait till next week until the grand kids are gone and he has time to to deal with me. I can't remember nor do I know enough about them to tell you what was in there. I'm just gonna pick one that looks cool to me. He did have a really cool bike with a tank that had portholes like an old Buick. He said there are supposed to be jewels in the portholes. It has lot's of other cool things on it to. Some sort of super rare headlight on the fender too. It's a girls frame though. He also said it's rather valuable even for a girls bike. So I will pick a large mens frame for my first "Rat"... I don't get to sleep for a whole week!

Aaron

The bike with jeweled portholes could be a colorflow. Boys or Grils, they are good bikes and if its complete makes it a real nice bike. It should have a headlight, tank, deep fenders and a cheese grader rack on it. You can buy new jewels for it. Sounds like you have a good sorce for some old bikes. You need to go to Daves vintage bikes and look at some of the bike he has, before you go look at the bikes in the barn so you can pick out a nice bike.

ricksterr1221 said:
For free?

No not free but he wanted $50 for the Schwinn all ready to go. So less than $50 for the others. Keep in mind this guy is a long time collector and has a handle on what they are worth. He is giving me a reasonable deal because we volunteer together.

Aaron

That J.C. Higgins would be worth grabbin, they hold their value, and parts are availabe. Ide say if you get it keep it and do a nice restoration.Higgins are beutifull restored,

I know ide like to have one, and still keep my arm and leg. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back