Fresh Find...AMC Flash

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up this bike to use for donor parts. Don't know much about it. Very little rust, chrome fenders, RENAK (Czechoslovakia) hubs on 26 in wheels. How did I do? (I'm new to this).
8018437.jpg

2073965.jpg

8731730.jpg

4182986.jpg

Pretty cool bike, Looks to be mostly original. But on the other hand women's bikes are less valuable than men's bikes. It's got some great parts to it though. Personally I'd polish it up and try to sell it first.

outskirtscustoms said:
Pretty cool bike, Looks to be mostly original. But on the other hand women's bikes are less valuable than men's bikes. It's got some great parts to it though. Personally I'd polish it up and try to sell it first.

I learned my lesson with my first "girly bike". I bought it for the parts.....wheels, fenders, handle bars, crank assembly. See antyhing you want?

55ColumbiaBuilt said:
outskirtscustoms said:

I learned my lesson with my first "girly bike". I bought it for the parts.....wheels, fenders, handle bars, crank assembly. See antyhing you want?

possibly the tank depending on price.

outskirtscustoms said:
55ColumbiaBuilt said:
outskirtscustoms said:

possibly the tank depending on price.

The tank? It's in great shape! It did not come with a horn...please make an offer!

Clean that bike up and flip it..$ 125 firm :roll: or at least 100.. If the bike was trashed I would strip it for parts..that bike is clean..!

crowxjane said:
Who cares if its girly...shes beautiful!

You're kidding right?!? I got into this "Old Bicycle Stuff" just recently out of the blue. I made the mistake of refurbishing a Columbia Built seen here.

7692899.jpg

If I keep this up, I going to have a "Stable" full of nothing but "Mares"!

I wanna build my Stallion!

One of the main reasons lady's step-thru models are usually less valuable is that they're less likely to have been thrashed, crashed, and trashed. Good example shown here. :|

crowxjane said:
*Shrugs* Im not really in it for money, and I am a girl...so Im biased 8) I guess I understand though.

Perhaps "I made the mistake of refurbishing a Columbia Built..." was a poor choice of words. My wife and I like the Columbia alot. I'm really trying to find/build-up a nice looking bike for myself so my wife and I can ride together. I bought this AMC primarily due to the overall condithon of ALL the components. Who knows what condition the wheels, handlebars, fenders, or chain guard will be when I do finaly find the bike I want. Based on what I paid for the new wheels (made in Taiwan) on the Columbia, this AMC would have been foolish to pass up. Maybe when I do find the bike I want, it's parts will be in good shape, and then I can keep this AMC Flash in one piece.

We'll see.......
:wink:

lol your cool dude, its your bike...I just wanna see the finished project :wink: Sorry, sometimes I just like to give people a little bit of a hard time lol.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
From the fork decals, could it be Huffy-built?

I'll start by saying that I am VERY NEW to all of this, but I have run across more references to Schwinn, and no other company in regards to this bicycle. I am curious to know this. Did RENAK build hubs and sell them, or build whole wheels and sell them to bicycle companies?

Thanks everyone for your interest.

Mike

Based on the chainguard and rack, my guess is Huffy.

I had a Renak hub once, and this is the first time since then that I have seen one. They seem to have the exact same design as older Centrix and Durex (? could be wrong on that name) hubs, but I don't know much more than that, and don't know if that is actually true.

crowxjane said:
lol your cool dude, its your bike...I just wanna see the finished project :wink: Sorry, sometimes I just like to give people a little bit of a hard time lol.

Good news crowxjane! If you have seen my "Rollfast" thread, you might be pleased to see that the wheels (the rear one, anyway) from this AMC will not work on my newest find. Therefore, this "girly" bike will remain in "As Found" condition, and keep it's place in my new (and fast-growing) collection.

Latest posts

Back