The bike lot from craigslist

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Roadmaster is late 40s I think, it'll have numbers stamped in the BB (bottom bracket/crank hangar), can tell the year from that. The blue Sears is a Huffy built bike, late 60s-early 70s. That's the way to buy 'em, in a big pile! That's what I do! :mrgreen: -Adam
30bikescore.jpg

Roadmaster is pick of litter. I think Rust should share some of them bikes with me lol. I'm getting a bulk load of Unknown bikes soon but they are at the best price. free lol hope theres something good

This is the pile of freebies and trash finds I worked on this summer. Nothing spectacular but had a blast cobbling together bikes of all kinds.
sbikes006.jpg

Roadmaster is the whole reason I went! lol How much is it worth the way it is? And the Giant Cabriolet is actually worth a little something...I was shocked.

Youll get more for roadmaster if you part it out. girls bikes are less desired,

oldrider said:
This is the pile of freebies and trash finds I worked on this summer. Nothing spectacular but had a blast cobbling together bikes of all kinds.
sbikes006.jpg

Looks about like my usual lot, except I haven't been lucky enough to find any triple tree forks this year.
Last year I had 5 bikes roll through with them and never thought anything of it, Now I join up here and
see some cool bikes with them, none to be seen........That's how it goes, you never got it when you want it or need it.

Are you selling the stuff to make a little money or do you want the old bike? I'd keep the girls Roadmaster, the black Giant, the yellow bike, the white seat, the white grips, and the Ross crank assembly. Everything else I would toss. You'll still need to hunt down a front fender for the Roadmaster and that may take some doing but not impossible.

Yeah Im not really sure what Im doing lol, If I keep anything It will probably be the roadmaster even though its a little over my head. I just couldnt pass it up.

You can join my site and try and sell some stuff over there it is new and still in the works but looks like it might be a success. come over and check it out http://www.2wheeledclassifieds.biz it is free to list until Oct 21 and the fees while always be cheaper then ebay. thanks, Nate
P.S. The roadmaster is cool but worth more in parts the whole.

I need one ballooner front wheel, old 26" drop center with a nice New Departure hub. Got one?

Any Schwinn mens light weights in the pile? Racer ,Collegiate,Varsity etc...
I'm also looking for 26" rims off a middleweight front and back with coaster brake to fit 1.75" tires. Must be in usable condition with all spokes intact.
Just wondering,
Jeff

SpokeShave I'm not sure who you're talking to but that picture of my pile was from early this summer, most of it is now gone, back on the road. We have harsh winters here and I'm way short on indoor storage so my friend and I usually have cleaned up and sold out by this time of year. There were a few road bikes(light weights), A Bianchi, A Raleigh, and a few Canadian brands but no Schwinn lightweights........mostly kids bikes and adult mountain bikes.

Yeah I see the date now.
That's what happens when I post something on a Sunday morning without my morning coffee. LOL

Thanks for the reply.
Jeff

Latest posts

Back