Look Ma, junk bikes. Lots a junk bikes!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I had to make a very tough decision. Turn away a offer for free junk bikes or load em up and bring em home. Well, you can see what I decided. It's a disease, a sicness, a breakdown of rationality, the Sanford and Son Syndrome! My wife has yet to see the pile and Lucy I'm gonna have some splainin to do. Anyway check it out. Lotsa of good fence decorations. I may have some treasures but won't really know until I sort em out. I will take some shots of the good stuff I plan on keeping and using for other builds. If anyone wants to see a close up pic of something let me know. Any local bike nuts need something let me know. If you don't need nothing well then I guess don't let me know. Later!
Aquisition003-1.jpg
Aquisition006.jpg
Aquisition005.jpg
Aquisition002.jpg
Aquisition001.jpg

yeah... i've had a few truck loads of bikes much like that, so i know the feeling. looks like you may have a few goodies hidden there. i have a wife too, and if say you have a whole lotta splainin to do. if there is a good stepthru/ladies bike in the bunch, promise her ya'll build one up for her... seems to do the trick out here :lol: .

Nice find looks like there might be a couple of cruiser frames in there. Just don't ever come home with this type of pile. 84 bikes on here. I went crazy at an police auction. Luckly I am 17 and only have my parents to deal with and my dad bid on most all these bikes for me. Cool find, Matt
Summer2008008.jpg

Summer2008007.jpg

Summer2008006.jpg

Man, now I don't feel so bad but I can see the early stages of the disease!
In the last two weeks I've picked up an old Shelby, a Western Flyer 'Cosmic Flyer' (I have threads on both of those) and a couple of Schwinns. One was a late model 'Roxie' for the wife, which she's not in love with so now it's a parts bike and the other a 24" Breeze. These were all estate and garage sale finds.
I also grabbed some 20" cruiser bike parts and a n.o.s. (in the package, never opened) Schwinn rear view mirror (dated around '75 or '76).
Last night I picked up a '60s Schwinn Typhoon (all original and all there) for free!!

MBblue6 said:
Nice find looks like there might be a couple of cruiser frames in there. Just don't ever come home with this type of pile. 84 bikes on here. I went crazy at an police auction. Luckly I am 17 and only have my parents to deal with and my dad bid on most all these bikes for me. Cool find, Matt
Summer2008008.jpg

Summer2008007.jpg

Summer2008006.jpg
Hopefully I wont have to move anytime soon :shock:

I run a used bike shop in southeastern WI. I sell the new bikes to buy the old schwinns and stuff. If you ever in the area and want to take a look at 1000+ bikes give me a shout. [email protected] Matt

Man I was looking through bike pile pics and came across this, should have known it was a member......Makes me feel better about having 30+ bikes hoarded in my shed.

Oh man! And I thought I had too many bikes total of 2 1/2. My wife complains that I don't need more then 1, I can only imagine
If I came home with 84 bikes. Nice score though.

My philosophy is you need at least one mountain bike, one cruiser, one clunker, one custom, one trike, one road bike, and one backup for each of those......lol. :mrgreen:

These are my favorite threads. I yell for the wife to have a look, then my 14 or 20 bikes don't seem so bad.

Loads like this are now pretty much a day to day occurence since I picked up a contract. 84 bikes was just a training practice for what I pick up now. Matt

OK, that's it! I'm stopping at Walgreens on the way home tomorrow and asking for a vacination against this disease. I bet they have one! Makes my puny stash of about a dozen bikes running and waiting seem sane. :D

MBblue6 said:
Loads like this are now pretty much a day to day occurence since I picked up a contract. 84 bikes was just a training practice for what I pick up now. Matt

How did you get that hookup? Can anybody do it?

lol the tabels are turned at my place...Im the girlfriend and Im like..."Honey will you take me to get a few bikes?" And we end up coming home with 20 or so :p The art of female persuasion :wink:

you know...
Every time I see these kind of pictures the inner hoarder in me gets a little giddy-
Than my wife taps me on the should to remind me that I will never have to worry
about that addiction... EVER!

crowxjane said:
lol the tabels are turned at my place...Im the girlfriend and Im like..."Honey will you take me to get a few bikes?" And we end up coming home with 20 or so :p The art of female persuasion :wink:
Sweet, I don't know if I could cram 20 bikes in my truck but I'd certainly try.

Latest posts

Back