DOUBLE NICKLE and DR.T's AUCTION RAT!( pics pics pics!!!!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DOUBLE NICKLE and DR.T's AUCTION RAT!!!(Painted)

yeah...
I think it's time to stand back and see what parts 'we' now definately have, and what's still needed for this project. Pics would be great!

Still can't believe how well this is comming along
Kudos to all who have contributed and to those who are gonna...
8)

herr_rudolf said:
yeah...
I think it's time to stand back and see what parts 'we' now definately have, and what's still needed for this project. Pics would be great!

Still can't believe how well this is comming along
Kudos to all who have contributed and to those who are gonna...
8)
We have...
*frame
*handlebars
*cranks
*seat
*spocket
*fork
*chainguard

We need..
*fat 24 inch real whitewall tire
*front 26 inch skinny whitewall tire
*24 rear wheel and 26 front wheel
*black grips
*pedals (like the ones in the picture)

Please PM me if you want do donate somthing on the needs list

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Do we have a headset or crankset?
nope not yet but im sure boneshaker could help us with that if i dont have so spares laying around

I think I have a front wheel and tire I'll post a pic and the size. I will also post a picot some pedals I have. Hopfully there what to guys are looking for. What picture are you guys going off of ?

edbuildsRATSinthe509 said:
What picture are you guys going off of ?
Our inspiration is the new RRB T-Shirt, drawn by forum member herr_rudolf:
rustrocket_def_2.jpg

Dr. Tankenstein said:
edbuildsRATSinthe509 said:
What picture are you guys going off of ?
Our inspiration is the new RRB T-Shirt, drawn by forum member herr_rudolf:
rustrocket_def_2.jpg
okay cool I have a set a pedals like that once iget hm I'll post pictures

I started try #2 of painting whitewalls. I'm practicing on a 24X1.95 MTB tire. Got the primer coats on, I'll start laying down the 'real' paint tonight. Should post some pics soon.

I just checked with the owner of this bike I painted the whitewalls on over a year ago. She says they still look good, no flaking or yellowing. These blackwall tires were painted white with acrylic paint like you find in the craft stores or walmart. 2 coats did the trick, no primer. The tires didn't need cleaning, but other new tires I tried needed the oily coating scrubbed off.

rirbyq.jpg

Cool, good to know that this may actually work!
In my 'overkill' methods, I finished the second primer last night. I'll start with the 'color' coats this evening.

It's AMAZING how the whitewall changes the look of this tire, it went from a boring MTB tire to a 'directional' knobby tread beach cruiser!

Cheers!
Dr. T

Here's an example of the acrylic paint.

11hxqhz.jpg

All,
If you don't know already Tim from Jerald Sulky is making a whitewall available in their 26" slick.
Here's the thread: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32211&p=316644#p316644

One of these square wall slicks with a whitewall would look KILLER and add the value of the 'Rustrocket Deluxe'
Don't know the price on it yet (the blackwall w/tube is being offered at $30), but if we can get a buck or two a piece from a group of us, it will add up quick.
I'm thinking Paypal donations. PM me for details.

Let's make this 'rat' something anyone of us would want in our stable..

Cheers!
Dr. T

hey just getting hm and posting the pix of the wheel and pedals, i have sorry it took me so long..
IMG00847.jpg

IMG00848.jpg

IMG00849.jpg

let me know if you guys can use this stuff and where i can send it to.

hey dr t ...i looked at that frame i got ...r u sure it will work 2 build that rack on ...its got strait bars going 2 the drop outs ...the raffle bike is way more curved ...isnt that gonna throw off the way the rack will set ??? im thinkin yes ..and also how r u wantin 2 attach this 2 the drop outs??? i heated up the ends of the rods and flatned em out so i can drill a little hole in there ..sound good ?? i wish i had a frame exact too that one ..ya know !!! oh well ill figure out something !!! mike ill get u some pics up soon !!! mike

mike,
I think it will OK. Here's my thinking, as fuzzy as it is.
Where the main flat section will connect to the seatstays (your straight bars vs. the curved ones), if you can flatten enough of the end to make a 'slot' rather than a hole, then we can adjust it to fit. The same for the support that bolts into the rear dropout.
Kinda like the end on a fender brace, maybe even a little longer 'slot', ya know?
%21Bhp2OuwBGk%7E$%28KGrHqIH-EQEsKzFdm7kBLKIhdhVYQ%7E%7E_3.JPG

Hope this makes sense, it's tuff getting it from my head to the keyboard :roll:

Cheers mate,
Dr. T

Latest posts

Back