Saskatchewan Fink

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya all. Just joined a couple days ago. I'm living Saskatoon Saskatchewan, Canada. The land of living skies and many lakes. I'll post a pic of my ride soon, but there's a good story surrounding the bike I'd share in the mean time.

I bought this original "Sekine" beach cruiser for $10 at a garage sale I happened by. A week later she was stolen from my front yard and sadness entered my soal. Two weeks later a friend called me twenty minutes after leaving my house and said "I'm at Rose's Confectionery, I have your bike, you owe me seven bucks."

What?

"You owe me seven bucks." Two kids had been ridin' it around and Rob confronted them claiming he knew the bikes true owner. Showing little regard for "true ownership" they promptly told Rob to piss off. Rob offered them the five dollars in his pocket for the bike and they countered with a pack of cigarettes. Complying with this, Rob had the bike in hand and the total cost of the bike was raised to seventeen dollars.

I still owe Rob the seven bucks.

The prodigal rat

Alright here's a couple pics of the disappearing reappearing ride. All mods have happened since the incident. No pics from before the restore. Too anxious to start sanding I guess.

1313120067_7a93b25e1c.jpg

1313121135_4c999b0003_o.jpg

Are those rims anodized or painted? They are super cool in that electric blue.

Welcome and good looking bike....am a regina boy here. Nice to have another saskie on the board.

WOW!!!

I'm all over that like a Dirty Shirt!
Looks Like Araya 26 inch Anodized Rims
Sugino 3 Piece Cranks
KKT Pedal
Sugino seat Clamp.

That is SICK!!!!
I absolutly love it!

Jab it with a Fork...it's DONE!

Kev.

Blues

Ya. Kev nailed the rims. Araya 26 inch Anodized. Now if I could just get the frickin' pedals off so I could put on the black coaster style one I've got. Any Ideas besides WD-40 soaking. Tried that.

J

Re: Blues

finkle said:
Ya. Kev nailed the rims. Araya 26 inch Anodized. Now if I could just get the frickin' pedals off so I could put on the black coaster style one I've got. Any Ideas besides WD-40 soaking. Tried that.

J

liquid Wrench.....PB Blaster...that loosens up anything!

Kev.

Re: Blues

Clothespin "n" said:
finkle said:

J

liquid Wrench.....PB Blaster...that loosens up anything!

Kev.

Welcome aboard from next door (Alberta).

The pedals - not trying to be a smart ***, but make sure you're loosening them in the right direction. The left pedal is a reverse thread (unscrews to the right).

But like Kev said, if corrosion is the problem, a good penetrating oil should do the trick.

-Mp

Latest posts

Back