RAT ROD BIKES BUILD OFF 2 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buildoff bike will be babypowder coated cusz its gonn be so slick n smooth :)

istockphoto_1088473_baby_powder.jpg

Hooch, I was thinking the same thing last time. Maybe entries have to be started by Oct. 15. That way nobody swoops in last minute without some verified build.

Slims said:
But it really only takes a couple days to build a bike....

yaa..it only took me a Couple Days to Build my Last one!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Build Time: a couple days
Think Time: a Couple Years...and a Pile of Sleepless nights...Thinking.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

basscadetz just finished his first build off bike :)

letting it go a long time allows people to watch their competition and steal ideas!
it allows you to get parts ect
its a pretty informal competition just a bunch of people building fun bikes :)
I am waiting to see if Kev's next wood tank will be big enuff to float a bike on water hehehe

I really want to join the fun with this bike but I want to do a girls/boys conversion. I assume that lets me out because of the welding rule unless there is an exception for the girls/boys conversion? Please advise... Otherwise I'm going to just go ahead and build it anyway.
IMG_0158.jpg

Can rule #4 ("Bike must not already be built") be stretched a bit? I wanted to do a total makeover on my yellow cruiser (the only cool frame between here and Amsterdam).

I will respect your colective wisdom.

Hugo

Hugo, if I remember from the last build off, there's no problem redoing a bike. I think one or two people did that - maybe more.

I think the rule just meant that you could not submit a bike that was already completed and nothing else was going to be done to it at the time the build off began.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, though.

i was thinking the same thing rat rod dad...

that it couldnt be a completed, finished product, previous to the start of the build off.

i would say you're ok hugo...

RatRodDad said:
Hugo, if I remember from the last build off, there's no problem redoing a bike. I think one or two people did that - maybe more.

I think the rule just meant that you could not submit a bike that was already completed and nothing else was going to be done to it at the time the build off began.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, though.

That's correct. :wink:

Sat Sep. 15th entry

O.K. So do you have to get the E-mail to offjcially enter? I think this could be my cup of tea! Gives me a good reason to start another 62 Schwinn straight bar frame. That frame could well become my signature bike! Tempe Terror encouraged me to compete and I'm seriously considering it. One problem, I have a chance to purchase a set of powdercoated S-7 Hoops to build my wheels. I would prefer to use a powder coat hoop rather than paint for durability. So if anyone has an issue with that I will rattle-can a set to respect the rules. What say you rat type dudes! :? Later & PEACE!!!!

Latest posts

Back