ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's that old miyata 912 i posted in a thread a couple days before this one came up............

before....

DSC02414.jpg

after....

DSC04387.jpg

and here's why i always measure erd myself.... :?

DSC04393.jpg

DSC04392.jpg

I needed something to get trough the winter and to carry stuff and kiddo so I bought a pristine px-8 from 1975...

px8-1975.jpg

px8-19752.jpg

px8-19751.jpg

px8-19753.jpg

the plan was to get rid of the rearcarrier (easyer with a kidseat) and install a porteur rack in the front, how ever, nice racks (like Velo Orange) are a bit on the pricey side so for now this will do...

Here's mine, my daily rider, a 27" roadie..complete with milkcrate..the brake hoods have rotted so i replaced them with duct tape.. i have no idea of its brand.. probably a falcon..
5309931418_0c2fac5f0d.jpg

i got 2 worlds sports :D
P9071040.jpg

P5040826.jpg

my best friend built this for my sister in a trade for a stingray. he did all the work however i did build half the chain( hand built and what a pain) :D
165017_10150131879267289_715447288_7819177_4177664_n.jpg

Just snagged this World Sport off CL last night for $35. Needs tires and a chain, but overall the bike is in great shape. No rust on the frame, wheels are clean, and the chrome and aluminum should only need minimal polishing. First I will get it rideable in the current geared configuration, but I may convert it to a single speed in the future.

IMG_4857.jpg

I've just built up two recently from the frames up. First may be one of my nicest vintage steel yet. A 73 Raleigh Competition. While not original I used parts that were pretty much all period correct. Campy, Cinelli, Mafac, Brooks Pro, etc. Even has brand new gumwall tubular tires.
DSCF3009.jpg

DSCF3010.jpg

I just built this up this past Saturday from all spare parts and not a single penny spent. The tires were in the process of being turned into black walls or the orignal gumwalls. I just ran out of sharpie. lol.
DSCF3093.jpg

I've got this also. Tips in at 16 lbs. Ebay carbon frame with Campy Carbon Centaur Group.
DSCF6550.jpg

Also have a Giant OCR1 that is my daily rider but still a decent bike. Just no pictures.

Here is a roadie that I recently traded. Sorry for the messy floor but a little remodeling inside going on when this pic was made.

cannondale.jpg

Cannondale R-500. Enjoyed riding this bike! My first experience with this gear system. I liked it! Thanks!!!

I got it from an older guy that had modded the bars that way so he could rest his arms on the bars. He used some pipe insulating foam and covered it with duct tape. Worked pretty good! Thanks!!!

Pinche, so you're one of the brave ones that bought an Ebay carbon frame... how is it?

there is a lot of talk on Bike Forums about wether or not they are worth the risk. It sure looks nice, I'll say that. And must have saved you a bunch of money.

Latest posts

Back