Bike Program Shop Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I donate time to a place called the Recyclery (Chapel Hill NC) which is a program where people can come to work on their bikes or earn a bike by working on various bike related projects. The program also donates bikes to various organizations, especially around this time of year. Well anyway someone brought in a really rough tank bike, so we decided to make it the shop bike and put on some Recyclery stickers for advertisement. It still needs some minor adjustments, but we wanted to get it basically finished before Christmas. Space is kind of at a premium and the less bike parts laying around the better. Probably parts off 4 or 5 different crusty bikes used for it. I believe it looks pretty good, but still think it is missing something. Anybody got any suggestion on what to add? Though maybe light and or a speedometer.

craig5.jpg

craig3.jpg

craig2.jpg

There is a tiny bell on there. It is just hard to see. Tried the hub shiner on the front and it just wanted to catch in the spokes. The rear hub has a grease zerk on it. I think the fork mod might look good.

I didn't think the tires would fit under the original fenders. I have a rack like Markm's. Those do look better than what is on there right now. Looks like I am going to have to dig deeper into my personal stash.

nice looking bike!
although....(HERE COMES MY USELESS $.01 take it or leave it is youre bike not mine :wink: )if it were mine id either run fenders front and rear or loose the rack and chain guard....
nice looking dog btw

Hi.
Awsome ride.
If it was mine (it's not :cry:), I'd level the handlebars, lower the seat a bit, loose the rack, get mudguards maching the chain guard and paint the rims black like the frame.
The tank is sweet.
Keep rollin'

Bend the seat post and flip the front drop outs from left to right like Markm said. It lowers the bike 2" and moves the front wheel forward 5".

Had a little time today to switch things up on the bike. Basically decided to copy Markm's bike. Still thinking about the fenders. Messed around with them and came to the conclusion that they will take some pretty good modification to fit and I didn't have the time or tools to work on it today. Most people down there liked the chain guard, so I guess it will stay on for a while. This is probably how it will sit until spring. I think it is definitely going in the right direction. The black thing on the back rack is a home-made fishing pole holder that was on there when I got it.

P1010010.jpg

P1010016.jpg

P1010018.jpg

I think it looks sweet!

always prefered a fenderless bike.. Mud and dirt is good for the soul.. and the back of your t-shirt!

Latest posts

Back