The Bonneville Saltcycle (Update)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my latest creation (still under construction). The bicycle I started with was a Micargi Puma GTS 26" Stretch Beach Cruiser. The theme for this bicycle was simple, what if you had a bicycle that looked like it could go over 200 mph at Bonneville or El Mirage? The first pic is the first day I got it, the rest is currently in the works.

List of Mods:
...oh boy I don't even know where to begin, I'll get back to you guys on this one.

But for now what do you think?
Puma-GTS-mattblack.jpg
DSC00865.jpg
DSC01061.jpg
DSC01072.jpg
DSC01066.jpg
DSC01062.jpg
DSC01063.jpg

Thanks for looking, updated pic's coming very soon.

Re: The Bonneville Saltcycle

Beautiful, those forks are awesome, needles to say those holes in the frame... outstanding!!!
Can´t wait to see more!

Thanks guys, yeah I designed the forks in solidworks and had them waterjetted. I still have a lot of work left on them, but as soon as I get them welded, corners rounded and drag style handle bars welded to the forks i'll post more pics. Not sure yet it I want to leave it raw aluminum or paint them? What do you guys think?

Beautiful job, love the down tube and the forks, very slick. FWIW I like the Aluminum raw...

cool build myself i like raw look raw look makes me c home built not store bought . i dig them alot scotchbrite them n clear coat them cool look not much bling on bonneville machines enjoy it i sure aim :D

Very nice so far. I'm curious , is there any spring action to the forks or are the springs just for looks?

I simply love it!
I recently built a chopper with that very frame.
I had the same thoughts on the down tube but, I chickened out.
Seeing yours I now kick myself.
I look forward to seeing this one in the works... :mrgreen:

This is freaking awsome. Cant wait to see more. I'm actually dancing in circles until you post more pics on this build

we need an update i love this bike amazing work

karfer67 said:
we need an update i love this bike amazing work

I agree. Update please. This bike is a work of art.

Latest posts

Back