Tanaka Terror

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I built this for one of the past build offs, I recently added a vintage Tanaka engine I am still trying to get the bugs out of the motor, If I am on the right track I think I need to seal up the vent tube on top of the fuel tank, as the fuel sucks up from the bottom of the carb, I can get it running but it wont continue as it seems to run out of fuel, I also want to change the front wheel to a skateboard wheel to make contact with the tire.
006-1.jpg

007.jpg

005-3.jpg

Gold Street Customs said:
I also want to change the front wheel to a skateboard wheel to make contact with the tire.

In case your not aware knurled rollers are made and are available
specifically for friction drive setups

http://www.bikemotorparts.com/driverollers.html

In case the urethane skateboard wheel your planning on adding
slips too much for you ;-)

DIY rollers using BMX freestyle type 'pegs' the ones the bois screw onto the end
of their hub axkles so they can 'grind' on half pipes and rails etc, these are knurled
and would make fine rollers IMO...

All the best

KiM

They are never done are they,I'm thinking that pluging the tank vent will only cause more problems
Perhaps the cause is carb related ...like a blockage or diaphram / pulse pump not getting enough fuel
to the motor...as fuel is drawn from the tank something has to fill the void..ie. air otherwise the tank
would be under a vacuem !
Mark

peddling motors said:
the main jet in the carb may be partly blocked

we built one it runs good
just hard to stay in the saddle when put into gear :lol: :lol:

12-1-08022.jpg

The concept here has made my morning. The video's of guys trail riding on wheelman unicycles or with multispeed hubs pale next to the FUN this mechanical contraption would seem to hold for the dare devil that would engage that friction drive!

FUN!

My next motorized bike will probably be a friction drive. i have a 33cc two stroke motor I salvaged from a pocket rocket. I want to mount it on the rear of one of my beach cruisers.

Latest posts

Back