Experienced guys need your OPINION!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planing to buy a cruiser next week, but I can't decide which one to choose.
Well the first one that i was thinking to buy is Electra Cruiser 1. We all know how it looks like:

cruiser%201%20black%20satin-800x600.jpg

(On a side note. Are there Electra paintings on the bike or are these stickers that can be removed? )

And another bike that is a little cheaper is Trek Classic Cruiser. The only picture that i found was here on this forum:

photo2.jpg

What would you guys go for ??

I like to use my bikes to ride trails, jump curbs, etc. as well as cruising, so I like the more traditional Trek-style cantilever frame. If you want to cruise, and you're a bigger guy, the Electra is really a more comfortable ride. I would ride both, and then try to make a choice, if it were me.

Just get a frame you feel comfortable on, for me my Huffy Santa Fe 2 built "Bootlegger" build was really comfortable, and I rode it to Peru and back once, 15+ miles each way, Loved every minute of it.....felt it the next morning but loved it. :mrgreen: :wink:

outskirtscustoms said:
Just get a frame you feel comfortable on, for me my Huffy Santa Fe 2 built "Bootlegger" build was really comfortable, and I rode it to Peru and back once, 15+ miles each way, Loved every minute of it.....felt it the next morning but loved it. :mrgreen: :wink:

WHAT!!!! :shock: PERU

if i had the money to buy something new i will get this felt destination

destination_small.jpg

you can ride this all the way down to Argentina :mrgreen:

axsepul said:

destination_small.jpg

Anybody noticed the stuck link on that chain? Anyways, I would go for the Electra. The pedal forward design is very comfortable but it is no good for jumping sidewalks.

On my Electra Townie the decals are under the clear, which is a bummer if you planned on making mild changes. i like the foot forward cranks myself so i would go with the Electra cruiser but thats me.

axsepul said:
outskirtscustoms said:

WHAT!!!! :shock: PERU

if i had the money to buy something new i will get this felt destination

destination_small.jpg

Yep towing the trailer full of bike parts both ways, met a fellow member, swapped bike parts and stories. It was a cool ride.

i have no experience on the trek bike but my electra is really comfortable, but mines a 3 spd...and the decals are under a coat of clear. :D

Go with Electra. You "can" bunnyhop the Cruiser 1 if need be. Plus Electra makes some very comfortable and durable bikes! I've owned the Electra Rat Rod(which is a single speed) for about a year now and it's held up fine to my 250 lbs. of table muscle. (no, I don't work for them) haha

The decals are under the clear btw...bummer,I know.

Definitely Electra (but I've not riden either the Trek or a Felt). I own a Coaster 3 and it's like pedalling an armchair.

I've been very happy with my Electra. At 6'1" it's difficult to find a cruiser that fits, but the Electra does. It's also very comfortable and well built. The steel version was pretty affordable as well. :D
FILE0407.jpg

I vote Electra I have that exact cruiser in black and a ratfink the cruiser is super comfy ive'd swapped out the wheels and tires gave it a hotrod look but id def say electra

Latest posts

Back