Can it pull it? Nash Metropolitan

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is my dad's setup. He is going to put a hitch on the Nash for pulling the trailer on some trips. I doubt it will ever make it up a hill though. :wink:

1958 Nash Metropolitan
1964 Lil' Loafer

2011-04-18_19-53-30_388.jpg

Wouldn't do it, the tail would be waging the dog. A v-8 would pull the hills. I wouldn't even try a pop up tent trailer.

id expect the trailer to pull the car around with any kind of wind :| hills wouldnt be fun either in my opinion.

on another note heres one with teardrop camper

2007718391_339025f8fe_z.jpg

oooo i wouldnt even try that, my thought is if you have to swerve in any emergency situation the trailer would just push the car anywhere it wanted to. Try to talk him into a good running truck, although i have tried to get my father in law into a truck but he just keeps pulling his trailer around with a Chevy Astro van and keeps replacing transmissions. :roll:

deorman said:
Yeah, hack in an older LT-1 with an Edelbrock 'puter and hardware, but use a Turbo trans for that cool squawk when you hit second. 8) 8) :mrgreen:
and with it being so light you might get the same squawk in third and fourth! 8) :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back