Show off your shop!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've seen some bikes in some pretty nice looking shops and garages. I have a garage behind my house built in the 50s before the main house. The family lived in an apartment upstairs while they built the house. It was used as an apartment into 60s, then the teenage boys made the living room and bedroom 1 room and had their game room up there.

Right now I have "couch divided" the upstairs into a "man cave" and a bike shop. The kitchen is used for storage now and I will eventually hook the plumbing back into it and the bathroom.

Just in time for RRBBO I have gotten it somewhat organized for building, and here's some photos.

Enter downstairs through the gauntlet of bikes:
IMG_4092.jpg

Go up the steeper than code stairs (watch out for falling bikes/tires/tubes):
IMG_4093.jpg

Upstairs:
IMG_4094.jpg

IMG_4095.jpg

IMG_4096.jpg

"Bike Stand" (made from old kitchen island from main house):
IMG_4097.jpg

Bathroom (there's a Haro taking a shower, give it some privacy):
IMG_4098.jpg

Feel free to show off your shop, I love my workspace.

I'm going with the shop that has the bed in it :D Thats perfect, I can't tell you how many times I have had to sleep on the work bench.
Hey Rat Rod I'm noticing that that cool chain gaurd is still hanging on the peg board. Is it still for sale? I though it was long gone.

Love you guy's organization, I'm still getting organized. Also on the lookout for some bike shop posters and such to cover the dirty walls. haha

highship said:
Hey Rat Rod I'm noticing that that cool chain gaurd is still hanging on the peg board. Is it still for sale? I though it was long gone.

I do still have the guard. Was thinking about listing it again now that the build off is here.

My shop is so jambed I can't work in there really. I really need to put on an addition. I currently work on my bikes in my living room or outside. Anyways, heres my mess of a garage.

Bikes6089.jpg

Bikes6090.jpg

Bikes6091.jpg

Bikes6092.jpg

Bikes6088.jpg

Bikes6094.jpg

Tyler, is that garage all yours :shock: :?: :shock: Very clean :mrgreen:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Tyler, is that garage all yours :shock: :?: :shock: Very clean :mrgreen:
Most all the bikes but about two or three are mine. And About half the tools are mine and the other half is my grandfathers tools.

I wish my grandfather was still around :cry: Nice to see you two sharing the hobby :wink:

It's WAY to ugly :lol: And filled with my dad's motorcycles :lol: I guess I'll have to get a pic of where all the magic happens :mrgreen:

Here she is! In all of its....well...not so much glory. :p
photo9.jpg

This is our 'assembly station' in January. It was a whole 39 degrees out in the non-heated shop down here in la!
photo8.jpg

Workin!
photo7.jpg

Little bro Luke gettin ready for some....er,coke?!
photo6.jpg

Busy day here at 3G Fabrications
photo5.jpg

Our 'get JIGgy table'
photo3.jpg

4a66fd00.jpg

I feel like I brought a knife to a gun fight! I would kill to have some of these shops. We rent, so I can't settle in as I'd like to, but this 10x20 shed is where I call home. Keeps me off the streets, but more importantly, out of the wife's hair! Serves as the bike shop, woodshop, and storage shed.

Here's my little slice of man-heaven...
IMG_4818.jpg

IMG_7216.jpg

IMG_4285.jpg

Mine's a work in progress. I do most of my bike stuff in the basement, which is relatively small. The house is old, so the foundation is laid-up stone, and is only under about half the house. But I've got it well-lit and there are Bilco doors to get large items in and out.

P1010839.jpg

P1010837.jpg

I also use the area for other hobbies. The lower kneewall is painted in chalk board paint under the pegboard. The idea was that it gave me a temporary way of labeling what's hung where, but I think it's of greater value to my sister's kids... And the messy corner is where the work bench (well, table) is. I'll have to build a real workbench before long.

P1010838.jpg

Obviously, I don't have space down here for all my stuff, so my "overflow" bike parking is upstairs in my garage's loft.

P1010780.jpg

Thought I might as well show my shop off while its "Clean".
This is the most bikes I've had in a long time.

Walking in.
IMG_5042.jpg

To the left
IMG_5044.jpg

from the opposite side-on the left
IMG_5047.jpg

Separation shelf thing
IMG_5049.jpg

To the right-Where the magic happens
IMG_5051.jpg

In the main part:
IMG_5053.jpg