Hotrod Hobbyhorse 6/26 Not out of the race!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hotrod Hobbyhorse 5/13 Frame work and paint

I'm Lovin this build!...There's so many to watch, I missed this one. This one is right at the top, for me.

When I was looking at your photos a picture came into my head of you using a unicycle saddle, seems like it would look very "hobby horse."

IMHO, make it as "comfy" as possible (adjustable seat)....The biggest kick I get from my builds is watching OTHER people ride them. Sometimes they can be a handful, but I've put the time riding them, so they're EASY for me. In other words. YOU show them how it's done, then watch them. :lol: So far this is my "second" favorite build. I'm not saying what's first...Let everybody else think it's THEM! :lol:

yoothgeye said:
When I was looking at your photos a picture came into my head of you using a unicycle saddle, seems like it would look very "hobby horse."

Oh man that would be off the hook! ...Know anyone with a spare layin around? :roll: :p

Thank you for that wonderful compliment KOTA! Winning a buildoff/placing would be a kind of 'dream come true', not that it's really about winning however. I'm having a blast with this build, and just seeing the interest my humble poor college kid build has generated thus far been a tremendous prize for me. ...Not that I wouldn't mind placing though :p :p :roll: :oops: Man I just feel embarassed talking about that, so moving on

I'm hoping that I'll be able to start on the next major fabrication job for this build soon, I'm very excited about it, and it will be a stylistic cue from the Macmillian machine that I think will really tie the look together. I may also try my hand at some pin striping, maybe. I plan to do some lines on my fork, and havnt decided if I'm going to free hand it or make some templates. I'll probably practice on one of my 'paint stand' forks and make a decision from there. We shall see :D

Re: Hotrod Hobbyhorse 5/15 some assemblage

I still need to get out to get another can of rattle to finish the rear wheel, but I decided to put together what I have painted currently just to see how the colours look together. I am pleased :D

IMG_2505.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

IMG_2509.jpg

IMG_2510.jpg

It's heck-a windy here today, and I think things would blow away if I tried to do my fab work :x But soon...soon... 8)

I can see it..I can SEE it!

First off, are those Nintendo 64 games :shock: :shock:
Second, looks great :mrgreen: Ever thought of just welding something over the bb :?:

herr_rudolf said:
someguy83 said:
why not place your foot pegs where the bb is? it is already a known and comfortable placement for the feet and would effectively fill the void just my .02

That would be very cool...
8)

hmmm

That might be a really good solution, I may have to try that. The only possible problem I could see is that that's right where you need to have your legs dangling for propulsion, and it might tear up your ankles to ride. Pegs will be one of the last things I probably get to, after its all made ridable again I will have to see what will be comfortable and functional. I will have to mess with things. I have a few other ideas for plugging the bb hole, it will depend on what I can scavenge up :D

Strings_and_steam said:
The only possible problem I could see is that that's right where you need to have your legs dangling for propulsion, and it might tear up your ankles to ride.

Exactly what I was thinking... ouch.

If you could get a couple fold down steps (like on the side of a school bus) and mount them to the sides of the BB, might even cut down the BB or notch it so they would fold in flush. You wouldn't have to weld them on, just use long bolts around the BB and sandwich them on tight. These look vintagey.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/ ... _200330977

I've been pondering what to do with the bb, I'm going ot make a goodwill run later, we'll see if they have what I'm thinking of 8)

Installed my 'tank' today. Not high tech, not super snazzy, just a little extra 'beef' for the top bar. I also got the fear fender bobbed and painted. Once it's dry, the real fun begins :shock:

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

IMG_2520.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

Re: Hotrod Hobbyhorse 5/18 tank and fender

herr_rudolf said:
I can smell that paint on the fender...
Love seeing the colorcombo come together. 8)

It's not quite as epic as your AWESOME fender (seriously trick man, I don't remember if I commented on it before) but it will get the job done, and I'll be cranking up the 'awesome-o-meter' here soon hopefully 8)

Latest posts

Back