***RATA BARATA***

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK Guys, I wasn't going to do this but... I´m in!
As I see, everyone is having fun, so I decided to dive in.
This is all your fault guys, you made me feel the need, the need for a build :lol:

OK, as many know, I got married last month, and I moved to a new apartment... this wont be as easy as it was back in my garage, this is my work space now:

Good news, I can bend stuff in civilized manner now... (pst!)

Stay tuned, I'm removing a frame from its grave tomorrow :!:
Oh, one last thing, I'm gonna keep it BARATA!!!

GLAD you joined in!.........What the heck is that red and black thing against the wall?

KOTA said:
GLAD you joined in!.........What the heck is that red and black thing against the wall?
:lol:

strangeframe said:
Innit a pipe bender?The black and red tool?
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

@ Gdcast
I was asuming you were already in this build-off...
Good luck, and have fun!
...with the build, AND the marriage...
:wink:

Thanks for the support guys!

@strangeframe: that´s no pipe bender, that´s a Kotaforking device! :lol: :lol: :lol:

@Graylock: Barata is portugues for roach, translated from Spanish Barata means cheap.
Total budget for this build: 10 bucks :shock:

@Strings_and_steam, Kota and herr_rudolf: I´ll try hard not disappointing you guys! I´m already having lots of fun preparing this build, and with the marriage, so mission is already accomplished.

I´m getting the frame, if not today, mañana... :mrgreen:

strangeframe said:
ahhh,Kotaforking device..it finally sunk in..
:wink: :lol:

Wanna see some parts?

Today is the day I reveal the frame I´ll be working with...keep an eye open :wink:

THE BIKE 4 THIS PROJECT:

A-part:

:D :D :D
I can see this bike finished in my head, it probably wont make top 20 but sure is gonna be one shhhhhweeeeet ride. :mrgreen:

Stay well and keep those hands greasy! :wink:

Ah, another build of a diamond frame. Cool! The bike that I'm building had an old cottered crankset too. I've been planning to donate it to the Yellow Bike Project since I haven't been able to find parts for that crankset/bottom bracket online.

herr_rudolf said:
I'm really loving it to see quite a few diamonds entered this year. 8)

Diamond..Shmiamond!....Bend that fork!

Re: ***RATA BARATA*** (Kot-A-Fork?)

Thanks SSG!!!

Regular Fork:

KotaFork!

Hope I can use it cause is reeeally low now... :shock:

Did you put the front wheel in yet? Remember when you bend, keep putting the wheel in to check for clearance.....If you went to far you might have to get a skinny 26" wheel (even cooler).

Yeah I checked it, but with the old set of tires, without air and it´s close... :? will see if the white ones fit.
If they don´t I´ll have to get another fork cause around here white tires only come in 28, and I want them white. I have to keep in mind not to get over excited using tha Kotaforking device! :lol:

You did a great job bending, no kinks, nice and smooth. When I do a fork I'm constantly checking for clearance, we learn by our mistakes. If you can't use those forks on this bike, you'll have a nice starting point on a future build. :wink:

Totally agree! If not in this bike, they will be used in another one. Although I´m not giving up on them yet!
Thanks for the compliments my friend :D

Latest posts

Back