The Bonneville Saltcycle (Update)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my latest creation (still under construction). The bicycle I started with was a Micargi Puma GTS 26" Stretch Beach Cruiser. The theme for this bicycle was simple, what if you had a bicycle that looked like it could go over 200 mph at Bonneville or El Mirage? The first pic is the first day I got it, the rest is currently in the works.

List of Mods:
...oh boy I don't even know where to begin, I'll get back to you guys on this one.

But for now what do you think?
Puma-GTS-mattblack.jpg
DSC00865.jpg
DSC01061.jpg
DSC01072.jpg
DSC01066.jpg
DSC01062.jpg
DSC01063.jpg

Thanks for looking updated pic's coming very soon.

Re: The Bonneville Saltcycle

Thanks guys, yeah I designed the forks in solidworks and had them waterjetted. I still have a lot of work left on them, but as soon as I get them welded, corners rounded and handle bars welded to the forks i'll post more pics. Not sure yet it I want to leave it raw aluminum or paint them? What do you guys think?

NUNEZDESIGN said:
Thanks guys, yeah I designed the forks in solidworks and had them waterjetted. I still have a lot of work left on them, but as soon as I get them welded, corners rounded and handle bars welded to the forks i'll post more pics. Not sure yet it I want to leave it raw aluminum or paint them? What do you guys think?

Great design on the fork. If it were my bike the frame would be antiqued copper and the fork stay aluminum. I'm sure what ever you do will be sweet.

That bike is sick. Nice work on the fork. How did you make the salt flat discs for the rims? You should use as much bare aluminum as possible and do some old style lettering on the discs or frame like the bellytankers do

dragn91 said:
That bike is sick. Nice work on the fork. How did you make the salt flat discs for the rims? You should use as much bare aluminum as possible and do some old style lettering on the discs or frame like the bellytankers do
Thanks for the comment, the disc are made by mooneyes http://www.mooneyesusa.com/shop/product ... cts_id=479 , yeah I will have a oldschool number "7" and maybe some pinstriping after its painted. I havent even thought of the color yet, iam just trying to get that "Bonneville look" right now. 8)

...wow! :shock:

siberian said:
looks great! but how it rides.... very questionably
Riding it is almost impossible. But I couldn't resist not having that "Speedster" look and locating the drag bars where it got that look.

nice tandem, you would need 2 people to actually ride that bike, maybe a gorilla could ride it. :)

All brushed copper color and situate the pedals at the rear wheel so you have to lay down on it to pedal. Might be hard to figure out the gearing so you could actually pedal it, but worth the trouble if you if you want that bonneville look. Kind of like a TRON cycle but steampunkish.

I know, the logistics of such a build would be a little wonky but awesome if someone got it right. Pedaling would prob be as hard as it is now :?

Latest posts

Back