Ya just never know

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize its not a bike...but ya just never know what your gonna run up on when your out beatin the bushes.
I gathered this old tiller up out of a junk yard where I was looking or some good tires for my daughters ride.
It had a cracked braket for the handles which we fixed with a small piece of metal and a wire welder. And its missing one wheel. It started first pull...motors great..tines work the best......wow...30 bucks total investment so far....and I'm tilling.....lol.
_1011267.jpg

If anyone has my wheel let me know......its a nine inch...actually I could use two because the one left is pretty sloppy.

_1011270.jpg

There's no tellin......it was in a pile of lawn mowers...I had the feeling I should have taken them too....expecially when I got it home and it started.
I think they must have just given up when they say the frame cracking and about to break through. It took me about ten minutes to fire up the welder and cut a piece of metal...lol. New tillers are about 300. For me though...its a god send....I broke our small plot this year with a grubbing hoe and hand tiller.....hours and hours of work.
I'll be ready in a few days for some fall squash and pumkins though...lol.

Peatbog said:
I wonder why people throw away stuff like that? I have gotten rid of plenty of stuff just putting it in front of my house with a "Free" sign on the stuff. Somebody can probably use the stuff if it isn't totally junk. I have even gotten rid of some good bikes that way in the past (one time only to find it in a garage sale down the road from me).

By the way, Harbor Freight has wheels pretty cheap. Most farm stores have a good selection also. Or nab one off some kid's wagon!

That wheel will be easy to find.

Any lawn mower shop, Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, Tractor Supply, local feed store, etc.

Don't forget the internet. Look for that brand's web site and look for spare parts for that model.

You got a great deal (opinion from a guy who still digs his garden with a shovel) --- :D

then you know what I went through this spring...lol.
Terrible growning year though.......I can't get the squash to fertilize the blooms.....blooms are not opening...just falling off without ever opening once.

jerrykr said:
That wheel will be easy to find.

Any lawn mower shop, Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, Tractor Supply, local feed store, etc.

Don't forget the internet. Look for that brand's web site and look for spare parts for that model.

You got a great deal (opinion from a guy who still digs his garden with a shovel) --- :D

Latest posts

Back