Green Machine

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's a little late to be entering, but this is a bike my son and I have been wanting to build for awhile now. We've had all the parts, and have mocked it up a couple of times, just never got around to finishing it completely. So now it's a repaint in the color he wants and a rush to get it done.
It's a cheaper bmx style frame that we will use. Some big tires and some ratitude.

IMG_0999.jpg

COME ON DOWN!! JOIN THE FUN.YA SON LOOKS READY,FRAME LOOKS TIGHT SO ...GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

I've got that same frame sitting half painted half primered that I'm building for a neighborhood kid. Can't wait to see the reveal. Father/son projects are cool (daughters too) my kids will have plenty of them, but at 1, 4, and 7, their interest and patience seem to fade quickly.

Nice to see a father-son build.
The clock is ticking!!!!

Got it painted. Hard to tell in the picture but it is Olive Drab Camo Green. Kind of a Military, Hot Rod, Rat theme. He loves the military so when we went to pick out the paint, he went to the camo section. We didn't remove all the old paint which was really messed up, so the new paint has a texture to it. I will try and get better pictures.

IMG_1002.jpg

These are forks we are going to use. They are off the 16" xgames bike. I ground off the front brake bar and painted the tips. We are going to wrap the forks with black grip tape.

IMG_1004.jpg

Rims painted.

IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

Sprocket

IMG_1006.jpg

This is a pretty straight forward build, but really fun as my son gives a lot of input and has been wrenching on it.

This brings back memories of building an army ski bike for my friend last year. It's great that you are involving your son :D 8)

Looks cool 8) The fat Nirve looks really good on this bike :wink:

LOOKS TUFF GUYS!! GLAD TO SEE A FATHER AND SON BUILD. MAKES FOR GOOD MEMORIES. PASS THE KOOL-ADE AND ...GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Love how you did the pictures with your boy on the bike. It is totally in proportion to him.
Great build.
You might want to tighten that chain though. :wink:

Latest posts

Back