MK Hannibal's Kilauea Kruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my home-built 8.5 foot beauty engineered from scratch for my inseam length. Weighs about 35 pounds, runs about 2-3,000 miles a year with a cheap single speed rear hub. Coaster and disc brakes. Ultima motorcycle bobber saddle. Lights, computer, the works. I've had people from 5 foot to 6'8" on it and no complaints. The 47° rake is something ya just get used to. The Kilauea Kruiser runs like a diesel… a couple of cranks and it rolls and rolls. It's set up at the rear waiting on a Shimano 3-SP Nexus, which should make climbing these bridges over the waterways in Fort Lauderdale a whole lot more comfy, and the second frame is sitting in my living room. Hope ya like! MKHannibal

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

American ingenuity,thanks for the inspiration. Great looking bike,wish i could build one like that.

Nice job on that design; it's killer! I too am surprised at the lack of responses to this one...

The rear end almost looks as if it were made of several old tubular forks; am I right or is that just how it looks? That would be a very painless and ingenious way of making the rear triangle.

Thanks, all. Was a blast to see coming together, and it runs like a big fat Lincon with the Trek Bontrager HANK tires (slicks, baby!). Also, Unchained, you got it right about the rear end. Two old mountain bike forks. I have another of these frames in my living room awaiting a bunch of parts, but the rear forks have been replaced by fabricated set. I'll be sure to post once it's powder coated and I'm out rolling on it. Thanks again, and share this with anyone who digs a col bike! Remember, P.E.D.A.L.! Positive Energy Development through America's Legs! MK

Latest posts

Back