Sand Rover DONE! (finished pics pg 5, sand video pg 7)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sand Rover is FINISHED!!!!

Man that thing is bad,Great job it looks factory!!!You will have to put up a video of it mobbing in the sand...Do you want any west coast surf stickers?

Thanks guys, and as for the offer of stickers YES YES YES! I love stickers and this bike will have them. Obviously will need smaller sizes, but that's good 'cause those are the cheap ones! haha

Thanks again for all the compliments, this is a little beast, probably only rode it around a mile or so last night, I will get videos on the beach... if Irene lets me! :x

thats beast looks sweet...cant wait to see the other action shots..... clean build and well executed plan

yoothgeye said:
Hey RatRod, how about a front page mention? :wink: :mrgreen:

++++1
Maybe some FaceBook action too.

YOUBUGME2 said:
Has it had any time in the sand yet? :D

The plan was to have this thing built before our beach vacation. We are supposed to be leaving Saturday morning to go to Nags Head (about 2 hours away), but hurricane Irene is saying otherwise. There has been a mandatory evacuation for non-residents, so we can't go in. Hoping after the storm has passed and hasn't done a load of damage we can get in there Sunday at some time for the calm after the storm, usually beautiful right after. The bike is built, it's the beach I'm having issues with! haha

jaysmo said:
thats beast looks sweet...cant wait to see the other action shots..... clean build and well executed plan

Thank you, If I had it to do again I'd stick to the same plan, but I might have done the rear a little different, just for looks, it's just that when we were about to weld the rear on I was lucky to realize that the crank would've interfered with the chainstays and so we quickly extended it and it ended up having more tube in it than expected, which actually looks cool, and after my 200 pounds bunny hopping it on pavement and Cody doing the same, I really trust this bike.

This was one of those things I pictured in my mind but didn't think I would actually do, but I've gotten more brave about taking on projects, and I'm sure glad of that right now.

kingfish254 said:
++++1
Maybe some FaceBook action too.

:shock: Haha, oh no you didn't just go there! :lol:

That looks awesome. I bet that thing would be pretty good in the MUD too

Totally beast. I love it.

Made me think about some dunes up were I used to live that would be great fun to ride on with that bike. I hope you get some sand time.

Cheers Jonnie

druggedonions said:
Totally beast. I love it.

Made me think about some dunes up were I used to live that would be great fun to ride on with that bike. I hope you get some sand time.

Cheers Jonnie

Thanks, been trying to avoid thinking about the storm, but just looked at a live model and a national weather report (they give it straight without the hype that the networks use to sell more advertising) and I'm getting pretty depressed. :cry:

Dang, that bites about Irene. She is headed right over Nags Head.

I totally forgot about looking for stickers in Jacksonville. I was only there for 20 minutes getting the two OCC Stingrays before I was back on the road. I think Tin Machine lives down that way.

Hopefully things will clear up and you can get some sand time, otherwise, I just might beat you to the beach! :wink:

kingfish254 said:
Dang, that bites about Irene. She is headed right over Nags Head.

I totally forgot about looking for stickers in Jacksonville. I was only there for 20 minutes getting the two OCC Stingrays before I was back on the road. I think Tin Machine lives down that way.

Hopefully things will clear up and you can get some sand time, otherwise, I just might beat you to the beach! :wink:

My parents rented the house for the week, saturday to saturday I think. If we can't go all week, they will get their money back. Last year we stayed there Saturday to Thursday and hurricane Earl made us evacuate, they got their money back and a chance to get it same week this year. I'm really hoping it blows through quick with little damage and we can get in there Sunday for the calm after the storm. The place we stay is the old Kitty Hawk lifesaving station built in 1920, it's cool, and been through many many hurricanes, much worse than Irene.

Re: Sand Rover is FINISHED!!!! (finished pics page 7)

It is beautiful up that way. I used to live in Lil' Washington and work in Plymourh.

Good Luck!!

kingfish254 said:
It is beautiful up that way. I used to live in Lil' Washington and work in Plymourh.

Good Luck!!

Are you kidding me? My wife grew up in Washington and her parents still live on the Pamlico in Chocowinity. We moved here to Roanoke Rapids after living in Plymouth for 2 years, 7 years in Williamston before that. :shock:

Small world. I was there for a couple of years in the early 90s doing control engineering work at the paper mill. I lived in a cool apartment that was built inside of an old tobacco warehouse. Is the Shad restaurant still there just West of Plymouth?

The Sand Rover looks great.

I must say though, that you and the rookie are pretty brave to be tooling around the carwash that late at night.

Also, I have known for a while that the rest of the world revolves around Eastern North Carolina and Roanoke Rapids in particular. In my 47 years I have rarely been anywhere that I did not meet someone with a connection to our part of the world. It is truly a small world and getting smaller.

Hope you get to have your fun in the sun and sand real soon. Take Care.

Latest posts

Back