my new pal Lewis

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lewy Boy. half english bulldog, half blue heeler. hes my first dog. just picked him up monday. hes 8 weeks old. gettin his first round of parvo shots tomorrow. hes a pretty awesome dog so far! any hints or tricks for trainin pups??? bulldog or heeler trainin info?

6 LBS
austinlewyNRsign193.jpg

hangin at the sign shop down the street
austinlewyNRsign196.jpg

austinlewyNRsign201.jpg

special deliveryy
austinlewyNRsign202.jpg

THat last shot is sweet.

Crate train them. Easiest way to get the house trained especially at night. Plus if they learn to like it when they are young then you can put them in it anytime without a hassle.

thanks! all my friend love that shot too. i was just walkin him and stopped to get the mail, then just thought it would be a cool pic to have when hes older and wont fit anymore. haha. he loved it too! he didnt want to come out!

by crate training you mean just get him comfortable in his crate? i walk and run him in the afternoon to help him burn off some energy so he will sleep threw the night. he doesnt cry in his crate when im around because i firmly tell him no cryin and he pretty much stops. i get up for work at 4:30am and usually take him out to poop around 5ish and im out the door by 5:30. my roomate says he whines for a few hours right after i leave... :? suggestions? a guy at work said putting one of my worn sweatshirts in his crate will help. i guess he'll be comfortable with my scent?

My sister got a puppy a few months ago and it does the same thing. If it's in the crate and she's home it's fine but as soon as she leaves the house it starts to whine even if there's other people in the house. I think puppies just want to be with their "pack leader" but I'm no dog whisperer.

Congrats on the new puppy! He's beautiful and love the name.
Crate training is essential and will help foster a secure dog who is comfortable when you leave and won't destroy the house. If he whines when you leave you can put a stuffed frozen kong in there with him and don't say a word when leaving. Make it VERY nonchalant as well as your return home. Keep comings and goings casual and relaxed and he'll settle down. Make sure his crate is the right size for him and you may have to buy a new one as he grows.
Remember...a tired puppy is a good puppy! So exercise is a must and it sounds like you're doing a good job there. Also...blue heelers are working dogs through and through so you'll need to stimulate his mind with some training. Hide treats around the house while making him sit and wait and then tell him "go find it!". He'll love that game.
Your roomate must also be very casual about your leaving as well. Tell him NOT to comfort the puppy by saying "it's ok, it's ok"
Hope this helps a little :)

RatRod Diva said:
Congrats on the new puppy! He's beautiful and love the name.
Crate training is essential and will help foster a secure dog who is comfortable when you leave and won't destroy the house. If he whines when you leave you can put a stuffed frozen kong in there with him and don't say a word when leaving. Make it VERY nonchalant as well as your return home. Keep comings and goings casual and relaxed and he'll settle down. Make sure his crate is the right size for him and you may have to buy a new one as he grows.
Remember...a tired puppy is a good puppy! So exercise is a must and it sounds like you're doing a good job there. Also...blue heelers are working dogs through and through so you'll need to stimulate his mind with some training. Hide treats around the house while making him sit and wait and then tell him "go find it!". He'll love that game.
Your roomate must also be very casual about your leaving as well. Tell him NOT to comfort the puppy by saying "it's ok, it's ok"
Hope this helps a little :)

thanks! that does help! im really stoked to play that hide and go seek game! sounds fun :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back