Post Office Making Me Postal!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I had another issue with my town post office, first off I get a quote to ship a bmx to Japan, quoted $175 ,get sent the payment ,go to ship and get a different clerk, and he says the box is too big, so he can't ship it. I drive two towns over and he says it just made it....$156 to ship :roll: :) :D :lol:

I've shipped a bike before only to have it "intercepted" and charged an oversize charge because the package was damaged by them and it made it physically bigger in their eyes. I ended up winning but it wasn't fun

been there done that. Have the USPS person giving you the estimate write the dimensions and cost estimate on the box and initial it. pad the shipping price to the buyer a bit to cover you in case you get into this dispute again. If the buyer does not want to pay your shipping estimate, they can decline the purchase. no reason that you should eat it. just my 2 pennies!

We got a new postal clerk (part timer) at our office last week. I go to mail a rack and put the box on the scale. The computer asks her to measure the dimensions. She measures the length and enters it, measures the width and enters it, then measures the length again. I said whoa, you need to measure the depth now, not the length. She then asked me to show her how to measure the 3 dimensions of a box. :oops: :roll: My village has only 750 people, so I guess good help is hard to find. :mrgreen: Gary

Well having a wife thats a postmaster and does her best to safe anyone that walks in her door a dollar or 20 on shipping. She always tells me to use usps.com if your needing a price quote. One inch sometimes will take a package from 16 dollars to almost triple. But its your best place to get an idea on what your going to have to get something to fit in a certain box to save as much as possible.
Just like there boxes that one price shove all you can in it up to 70 pounds...thats only in the US if its overseas or Canada its 20 pounds I believe. But always to when you go to the Post office ask the different way to ship Parcel Post First Class Priority...
From all the stuff that I have ever shipped they are still the cheapest way to ship. Just got to get that box size right.
Terry

Latest posts

Back