My other passion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is pretty wild.

So if I understand correctly...the actual box itself is mainly just for structural purposes and doesn't contribute to the sound?

For 6 string builds, the box is filled with a solid piece of wood which is routed for the control plate and pickup. 6 stringers have lots of tension so the solid wood is structurally needed. If I build 3 or 4 stringers I use a "neck through" design without the chunk of wood since it's less tension and then those can be acoustic or electric.

very cool, sounds good too. I've been wanting to find some time to build a 3 stringer out of a very old anti-freeze can I have.

do you have any other videos playing slide on the others?

jerrykr said:
very cool, sounds good too. I've been wanting to find some time to build a 3 stringer out of a very old anti-freeze can I have.

do you have any other videos playing slide on the others?

I do not have vids of any others. I usually don't set them up to play slide since I'm not a slide player myself. I'm lucky enough to live right around the block from Martin guitar and get parts from them so I feel I should set them up to play regularly:)

Latest posts

Back