What is the craziest combo of parts you have put together?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just curious as to what is the craziest combination of parts you have put together to make a working bike? I have a couple frames, and some parts that would make them workable bikes, but they pretty much do not go together to much. Like for instance, I have a 70's? 26" Ross Ladies bike, and some BMX wheels and some other odds and ends laying around. I was thinking of putting them together just for S***s and giggles, just out of boredom. If nothing else it is something I can strap to the top of the Old Malibu Wagon to take camping with me. Yeah, can you tell it is winter in Illinois, and I am REAL bored? :roll:

This one has to be in the running...ha ha.

chimayo-lowrider-bike-54.3.jpg

Where is Chainsaw when you need him... :mrgreen:

well back in the day when i did my first boardtracker my co workers thought i was nuts till they rode it! as for craziest i would have to say the ratty truck is with the double crown and clip on bars.

Buck Masterson said:
I was just curious as to what is the craziest combination of parts you have put together to make a working bike? I have a couple frames, and some parts that would make them workable bikes, but they pretty much do not go together to much. Like for instance, I have a 70's? 26" Ross Ladies bike, and some BMX wheels and some other odds and ends laying around. I was thinking of putting them together just for S***s and giggles, just out of boredom. If nothing else it is something I can strap to the top of the Old Malibu Wagon to take camping with me. Yeah, can you tell it is winter in Illinois, and I am REAL bored? :roll:

Buck, I don't know about S***s, but Giggles would probably like to see it! :mrgreen:

Here's a few pics off a bike I built for CBN's Rat Bike Build Off, it took third place. I call her Ratasia.
A Huffy mt. bike, a Schwinn Predator BMX and a Health rider exerciser all gave their life for Ratasia!
025_23.jpg

Crappy welding was perfected for just the right look. Blackpipe is our friend
021_19.jpg

Golfclub kickstand!
018_15.jpg

Front end consists of Healthrider parts (fork legs and handlebars), several cut up suspension forks, porch swing braces, and high/low beam flashlights. The high beam is the top one and the low beam is .... well ... you can figure it out!
017_16.jpg

016_17.jpg

Sissybar is made from two Stihl trimmer shafts. The seat is covered in a pair of my old underwear. Classy, I know!
012_13.jpg

And, the ultimate question ..... is it rideable?!
H*ll Yeah!
011_6.jpg

Even for Giggles!
005_4.jpg

I was looking for a picture of a bike that we put together at the camp I worked at. The thing had a 20" rear wheel, 12" front wheel on 20" forks, mini- apes with deer antlers tied to them, a banana seat with an old suspension fork cut off and used in lieu of a sissy bar. It was a blast to ride. No paint job, it was all pink and red and blue. Good times.

Latest posts

Back