King Sting, range of value?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
I put an ad up on Craigslist asking for bikes last night. I've done it before with mixed results. I had an e-mail waiting for me this morning, a guy was asking if I knew anyone who would be interested in his King Sting, he is the original owner, he says it's always been inside and is in "great" shape. I am trying to get the year from him, he says gold cables and gold pedals, only changed the tires when they got old, but still has them. He said he saw one at a show for $800 and he wants $250 for his. Now, this is not for me, I like old BMX stuff, but only if it's free. He wants to know if I think his price is too low, personally I think it's too high, but that's coming from someone who's really cheap.

So if this guy is going to sell this bike in North Carolina, what is the price range for King Sting bikes and what year bikes are considered more valuable?

Thanks.

Sounds very reasonable for a nice condition. Expecially if it has the Team Schwinn gold cranks.

I figured the value of the mint 1982 Sidewinder that Steve now has would be $350-500. So $250, I would jump on that.

Man, I totally missed that this is a 26' bike, all of a sudden I'm interested. :shock:

Rat Rod said:
Dude....borrow the dough quick for a $250 original King Sting. :shock:

hahahahha.,...... I bet Steve will front you the money, to buy it for him. :mrgreen:

Herein lies the problem, to many that would sound like a good price, but for someone selling around here who doesn't want to ship the bike, then that price is high.

Rat Rod said:
It all depends on the condition and the components.

Apparently it's all original sans tires, but the old ones are still with it. Been kept inside.

Well, if it is all original and in nice shape and has the Team Schwinn gold cranks then the bike would probably bring at least $600 plus on Ebay.

It could bring even more than that if it's in really nice shape.

Member "spistols" is our resident King Sting expert.

Those original "Schwinn Studded Baloon Tires" will probably be very cracked eventhough it has been stored inside. Newer versions are available.

Photos...

010.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

He also has this, not sure what it is...

011.jpg

Gorgeous. That would clean up very nice. Rims don't even look like there are rub marks. Definitely can't go wrong if you can get this for less than $400.

Latest posts

Back