Repop Picker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this bike in Phx AZ last month but just now geting pics, I seen this at the swapmeet and they had it advertised as a 70 Sting Ray :lol: and had a price of $150.
I made an offer of $75 that was turned down so I left it there, Half way back home to ND I get a call from the guy asking if I still want the bike 8) I made A deal with him on the phone for $80 and had my Brother pick this up for me. The bike is still in Phx but I will be able to get it home in a couple more months.
[img
394990_1722030627970_1754483135_827880_463052967_n.jpg
][/img]
I have a sissy bar that I will put on and then it will go to my Grandson when he is big enough for it

Ya im pretty sure its one from wallys has a MADE IN CHINA sticker on the bottom tube :roll:
After the guy turned down my 75 offer I told him he could part the bike out and probably get 150 +
Im glad he didnt 8)

Don't breathe on it. Those BFK's have a tendency to rust pretty quickly. A guy I work with bought one I had for his grand kid. He loves that bike and is always riding it.

make sure you put a few coats of wax on every part when you get it.i had a couple;still have one. never seen the first hint of rust; waxed them up good first thing. :mrgreen:

here is my bfk krate note the aftermarket vinyl decals, old school chain ring and stem, great conversation piece!!
2011-08-13_17-04-41_560.jpg

Here's my Green repop. These are a lot of cheap fun. I switched out the 20" springer with a 24." I like the ride a lot better. Doesn't feel like I'm going to go over the bars.

P3230067.jpg

I really like the look of the 24" springer!!! where did you source that from?
thanks Joel

sking1973 said:
Here's my Green repop. These are a lot of cheap fun. I switched out the 20" springer with a 24." I like the ride a lot better. Doesn't feel like I'm going to go over the bars.

P3230067.jpg

509clunk said:
I really like the look of the 24" springer!!! where did you source that from?
thanks Joel

I picked the springer up at Memory Lane Classics. When I purchased my several years ago, it was nearly as much as the bike was. Another alternative if you don't want to spend the $$ for a springer is to put a regular 20" wheel on the springer that came on the bike. This is my black Black Friday Krate with a 20" wheel up front.

P4140102B.jpg

The lunch box is fastened on using 4 vinyl cable holders. I drilled four holes in the box. The cable rings go around the sissy bar and a bolt goes threw the ring and into the box.

8) That black Ray is SWEET!!, I have a friend who has a Black Krate that has never been outside. I have tryed to buy it a few times with no luck, Thats why I was glad to get the Green one

Time certainly flies as I purchased my blue BFK in December 2007 for $69 and converted it to 5-speed shortly after.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back