let me see those suicide shifter bicycles

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
suicide clutch on motorbike.
100_5710.jpg

Here"s one I built awhile back. I sold it last summer, but that just gives me an excuse to build another ( like I need I reason to start a new project )
sv08142.jpg
sv08143.jpg
almostdoneII002.jpg
I took a scull head shifter knob you could get at a auto parts store, then I drilled and tapped Holes for the spikes. The base part of the shifter is Sturmy Archer, I cut off the lever and handle they had on it, then I rolled some round aluminum rod, tapped one end for the scull head and molded the other end onto the base.

Suicide shifter on my Phat Stretch. Tough to see in the pics. I will try and take some more close up pictures. It is a Nexus internal 7 speed hub.

59236485.jpg

72015a9f.jpg

I didn't really "fab" anything for this, but sometimes it feels like finger suicide when I shift it!

Crappy phone pics:

631DC1A0-orig.jpg

0310620E-orig.jpg

big AL said:
I love this bike.

Goes to show that the seat can be where it needs to be a real rider and still look killer. Show and Go :eek: not Go and Show :?

Thanks, Al. When you're 6'4" you need a long seat post. This bike is still really small for me. I'm adding a stem that will increase my reach and some bull horn bars too.

Here's my Electra Ghostrider with suicide Bendix shifter.

GR%20final.jpg

Latest posts

Back