What's choppin'

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm quoting on a stinkray spoiler modified into a trike.
I like it in black but I'm sure it is good material for a bling bling blue and chrome.

Eric.

TROCKvs6.jpg

TROCKvs8.jpg

The mock-up looks awesome. Is this an actual build? I would love to see that finished. My friend's father-in-law rides Harley-trikes and would love that. I have built him some Hothweel sized trikes. He freaked. Can only imagine what he would think about your concept. Awsome. Heck, I would love to see that...

I dig all those homebuilts, not so much the computer renderings of enough billet aluminum to choke a horse. I realize when you are building commercially, you have to build to order. But I really don't like billet. I realize this is my own personal preference and I don't mean to offend, criticize, judge, or in any other way antagonize anyone, but I truly believe that the billet craze went over the top a long time ago, and the prices charged are what makes it ridiculous. There are impressionable children on this website, and I think it sends a bad message to them that a couple of hundred dollars for a bicycle wheel is in any way justifiable.

Mr. Garylee,

I had a lot of respect for your post until you got the children of this board involved!! :shock:
So you would be one of those people that reject technology and shields their kids from it cause it's so evil !?!
Ask any member of this board if my bikes are children friendly...

Anyways...If you want to live the Amish way...You better get the heck off that computer before somebody RATS you out to your community! :wink:

Eric.

Hannan Customs said:
Mr. Garylee,
my bikes are children friendly...

Eric.
Maybe so but at $4000 each their not wallet friendly! Don't get me wrong I love your rides,But I'd rather pay $2500 for a Derringer -which has a motor!Just my opinion. Can't wait to see Gerry's finished ride! 8)
L8 EM

Buck Masterson said:
Do the Amish ride bikes? If they do, I bet they have some cool ones stashed away! Dang it now Weird Al's Amish Paradise is in my head!
I can't say that I actually seen any Amish on a bicycle but I do see the kids occasionally on these cool homade scooters. They look like they are made out of 24" or 26" bikes and they really move if the kid is kickin' good...Kelly

Mr. Hannan, and anyone else questioning my statements. I feel as a fulltime single father, and the only male role model for most of my neighborhood kids ( i live in the housing projects), I have a tendency to think about what I am teaching them by example. You know moral values, ethics, that kind of stuff. A lot of the kids think SUVs with 22" spinners are cool, and buy them Instead of college. Before my daughter was born I was a factory certified BMW motorcycle tech, so I think the Luddite comment is a little off. Especially since one of my most creative jobs was to get a beemer to pass the CHPs 'radio test'. The heads of Tech Services for BMWNA flew out from New Jersey to find out how I did it, and gave me the coolest german electrical crimpers ever (I still have 'em). Anyway I like this site for the simple elegance of the 'old school' style, me being an old retired guy and all. I guess the best explanation is the phrase I chanted when passing Harleys on the side of the road " chrome don't get you home". I learned that phrase from my older brother- He's got a Blockhead to ride and a Knucklehead to look at. I'll try to post some pics of my bike and you can see where I put my money. Karfer likes it, or at least when I'm buying stuff from him anyway-LOL.

Warning, long post ahead. First off, Eric I hate trikes but that one will be definitely cool. Second, garylee I know where you are coming from, where kids these days are easily impressed by bling and have to be shown to first work for what they want. However, I met Eric thru CBN last year and without having a clue to who I was, he invited me to his shop (which is a small garage in his backyard) and showed me, with seldom seen enthusiasm, what he was working on. His background is motorcycle racing, not cycling and his bikes are labors of love. I had the privilege to ride a few Hannan Choppers and even though they are not my thing, they don't fit my riding style, I must say that they are built to ride. I've seen Eric blow away mountain bikers in drag races often enough, uphill. Eric isn't swimming in money, but he's a guy with talent and he happens to have access to a bunch of real cool tools. I am sure that any of us here would push the envelope as far as we could if we had the knowledge and access to that type of equipment. So if ever one of your kids wants to have one of those Choppers, you can tell them that the guy who makes them had to work real hard at it and you don't need a pile of money to make one, just knowledge, hard work and a dream.

Peace

Gerry

p.s. Eric, how's my bike coming along dude? :mrgreen:

Thanks Gerry,

Garylee, I feel you about kids; there is so much out there that we did not have to worry about 25 years ago!

About me. The more various discussion boards I try to follow, the better bicycle educated I get.
I was a kid once and I was attracted to shiny cars and fast motorcycles; kinda gave me the kick in the ... I needed!
Today I am Chief Mecanical Designer for an industrial valve company. I deal with petrochemical, offshore drilling rigs, nuclear plants etc...

Now that I've broken almost every bones racing dirt bikes, got past my 40's, and got 3 kids it's time to calm down and take on bicycles.

Hannan Customs makes dreams come true for a few enthusiast that, just like me, have pass a certain point in their life and now... it's gravy time.
My bikes are as personalised as tattoos.

Gerry, I'll start on your bike and the trike after Daytona bike week in March; I am swamped!
I got 4 bikes to finish for that event and I am taking 2 customer with me to Daytona...I don't want to leave their bikes here!

Eric

Eric.

Without trying trying to offend anyone or insult anyone's craft I must say.......the "billet bikes" do NOT belong in the rat rod forum, they should be posted in the "other bikes" section.
And if anyone doesn't understand that, then they have absolutely no clue what a Rat Rod truly is.
Personally speaking, billet gives me the jeebies. It's completely overdone. I love the simple, back-to-basics approach of ALL forms of Rat Rodding. However, I can appreciate the craft, skill, and time involved with Mr. Hannan's bikes. They're just not my thing, which is why I'm a member of the Rat Rod Bikes forum, and not CBN.

Also, while I'm kinda on the topic, did I see that a rusty Stingray was moved to the other bikes section, while This post was allowed to stay here? What's up with that?

Bones,

Thanks for the kind words.
I hesitated quite a bit before posting this trike but I thought the black one had a raty look being flat black but obviously I was out of line with the wheels.
Next time I will post in the ''other bike section'', only make sense.

Tell me guys, is possible to design a non spoked wheel that would scream ''rat'' or ''back to basics''?

Hmmm! new challenge!

Eric.

Call me crazy, but I think if you want to go with non spoked, a wheel that looks like a stock automobile wheel would be cool. Ive always wanted to see one like that. Now maybe I'm alone on that idea, but a question was asked! lol. Thats what all of the car/ratrods roll on usually.

Hannan Customs said:
Tell me guys, is possible to design a non spoked wheel that would scream ''rat'' or ''back to basics''?

Hmmm! new challenge!

Eric.

The first thing that popped into my head was a five spoke American Racing style mag. The vintage torq-thrust style I mean. That would look pretty rat I think. Of course it would probably be pretty heavy too.

Latest posts

Back