"Der Rohrspatz" LAST PICS... FINISHED BUILD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
malna8.jpg

above is the design for my wifes first Beachcruiser...so i bought her an porucho frame and started the build...while building her bike i had so many ideas i wanted to try so i ordered my own porucho frame...
scaled.php

its almost finished...still waiting for the wheels to be finished ( a good friend is a really good wheelbuilder!!!!)

while waiting for the bike i made a lot of designs...even a "son of wolfgang"
wolleneu.jpg

the day my frame arrived i had to go to the basement to build it up for a test ride...
foto5jh.jpg

but the fork wich is extremly cool in my "wolfgang" looked terrible in this frame (in my eyes)...
scaled.php

i didn't like it in this frame... so i went back to the basement...
scaled.php

..so an old "springer-fork" went into the porucho as well as a moon-bar... and i came to a point where i started to like this project...
scaled.php

but after a short time i went back to my more "boardtrackerish" style with a lower handlebar...
scaled.php

... so the bike got its first color... the lamp and the longer bars were only mounted for one cruise in Leipzig... i chose the colour because a friend needed 6 Month to paint his bike :p ...
scaled.php

..i had the idea of building a "Karmann Ghia Tribute" Bike... so i painted it white and put some nice decals on... more "old-school"
scaled.php

scaled.php

...i even had the chance to get my hands on an old "sachs Speed Shifter"... which i mounted in the lower top-tube...
...i even experimented with "speed-disks"... (not a good idea!)
scaled.php

...after that i put on another bar...and i used the bike as a carrier for one of the lamps i build for another tretharley-board-member... some white walls looked quite nice on it...allthough because of the tiresize the bike came realy uncomfortably near the ground...
scaled.php

scaled.php

...the lamp-project was sold and an "old-style" lamp was mounted...
scaled.php

...for some time i was looking for a more "meanier" look... so i found my old "downhill-bar" and some Flame 3.00" tires fited perfectly...not good for my back... but for the looks... and the bike was really fast...
scaled.php

scaled.php

...the riding position wasn't good for my back so i thought of reusing the old Ape from the Electra-bike which became "Wolfgang"...
scaled.php

scaled.php

...now the bike was big and tall in all dimensions...
...i thought again...of a more "badboy"-look...
..so i waited a month for my new tires (Leopard Duros/Point Bigfoot 3.00)...by the time the colour had changed from a "vintage"-white to a typical "hot-rod" colour theme...
scaled.php

scaled.php

the project came to a dead point... i had a lot of ideas...but nothing really satisfying...
scaled.php

scaled.php

...slowly some ideas came to my mind to give the porucho a more unique look... starting with the seat-mounting...
scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

... after a few weeks... i had the chance to buy me an 3G Imperial Springer Fork... and so the project got some fresh air...
... i always didn't like the angle of the steering tube... so i planned i new and much flatter... and was looking for a really big lamp (found that the suzuki 500s and 250s have the perfect lights for me)

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

...so now i start building my favourite frame around my favourite fork :)
scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

...the unmodified frame... the bike looks more "chopperish"...
scaled.php

scaled.php

... and how it will look like in a few days (today i marked and meassured all the cuts and tubes, and started cutting them)
scaled.php

scaled.php

77813648.jpg

on thursday i have a "date" with wolfgang for welding and using his steelshop :)...

wish me luck everything will come together good....!!!!

have a good night....yours Tibor

Re: another Porucho...now a long term project...

Love the black forks,who makes them and what are their name?

do you mean the black fork with the golden pinstripe?... thats an old motorcycle fork from german Zündapp Super Combinette...but it has to be heavily modified to fit a bicycle (1" steer tube mounted and welded from an older chinese Springer Fork)...

...they pretty often here in germany... maybe harder in the states... if your interessted in one i could try to find one for you (shipping shouldn't be a problem its not that heavy)

...yesterday evening i went down in the bicycle-crypt... and did sam sawing... 8)

the upper part of the seatstay is gone... and i cutted some tubes for my new seatstay... i think i will change the supportbar today when i go welding... i still have to cut the steeringtube... but there are only 2 cuts to be made... we will see how it will turn out...

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

I love the look of the all white framed bike,.......and those big knobby tires look awesome too.

All those bikes look great though,...I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Leopard Duros/Point Bigfoot 3.00- where can i get them in america, what size are they and how much did they cost in $?

...der Olli versuchte den Rohrspatz zu fahren... :) (das wahr wohl nix) der Junge ist ca. 1,74m...

today i installed the shifter an a bar i foud in the basement, its 21,8mm so it fits the fork... i had only 30 minutes...befor band rehersal...
scaled.php

our singer tries to drive it...looked funny... he is 172cm "tall"

scaled.php

thats our drummer he could handle it much better...but he drives fixies normaly...so i think he can drive everything...
scaled.php

scaled.php

and that me... iam 190-192cm tall (depends on how i was sleeping)... iam only 95kg... but the shirts doesnt fit properly so i look more like 120-140kg :)

...still not finished... but finished enough for the last cruises of the year... the bike is still waiting for its new wheels (24x4" in the back and 24x3" in the front with 24x4 1/4 tires)... but i got my dragbar, my smaller cranks (5") and a new temporarly paintjob (flat black... is the easiest in my basement)...

but now to the pics...

55577219.jpg

34205034.jpg

52724223.jpg

77255124.jpg

16433128.jpg

90131092.jpg

Re: Porucho "Der Rohrspatz" ...almost finished 08/29/11

Great bike!! What software did you use for your plans? That looked awesome like 3D drawings! Peace

Awesome frame, i've never seen one of those, those fat tires are Rad !!!

Great work! I love seeing the evolution of this bike along with the renderings. All of the versions are cool, but I think it's the best right now.

Latest posts

Back