The Skateboarding Thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carbon said:
I'm 35 and have a 3 foot mini in my back yard, I've always been a street skater, had chances to get sponsored back in the 90's. I built the mini about 2 years ago with some professional ramp plans, its super nice, fast and smooth. I fell on it about 3 months ago, I mean slammed hard, right on my lower back, my back has been jacked ever since. Every now and then I break out one of my longboards and bomb the neighborhood. I still have some pretty killer setups, I have a Cab metal dragon, Ray Underhill Powell , Tony Mag H-Street and a bunch of others, I usually ride a 8.5 Alien Workshop setup with Grind Kings on the mini, I put Grind Kings on all of my boards, only King Pin I have never broken, best trucks ever made, Heres a couple pics of my ramp.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I did that about a year and a half ago and landed flat on my back I could feel my whole back pop at once. It actually felt better then any adjustment I have ever had. I wish I had a any of the old Cabs from back in the day, and a tony hawk like I rode in the 80s

Just got a Sector 9 Bamboo with Gullwing Sidewinders.
Those double trucks are really fun, if you have a chance to check them out, do so, the amount of carve you get out of them is crazy!
My brother and I had a half pipe in our bedroom as a kid, we asked our parents first and they said "go ahead"....about the third piece of plywood they asked what we were doing, LOL, they thought we meant a small little jump ramp, whoops!!
My kids are starting to get into it, so this 48 year old is getting back at it. :mrgreen:

yeah i still skate even though im old....as a matter of fact i went out today to blow off some steam! its kinda funny though to see what a skate park will do to clearing out the streets :shock:
click HERE to see a few from todays session....man im glad they opened a park so theres no one else around! as many runs as i want and no interruptions :mrgreen:

I still have this collection from way back, I still ride the Museum piece Tony Hawk with Motobuilt Trucks I got from a team rider back in 87 with well worn Kryptonic Lites, Rodney Mullen freestyle with Indy's and Vision wheels,Cabalero reissue with Trackers, can't remember the wheels, Santa Cruz Airlite fiberglass deck, sector nine longboard,And the offroad board has trackers I believe. I have rode the first ever skatepark in the bay area Alameda Skatepark in 78, also rode Newark, Milpita's ,Winchester,Del Mar, Santa Rosa, Santa Cruz, Willits, the last one I rode was Ukiah, I can still do a shuvit 360!!!!! 8)
repack007.jpg

Awesome longboard. If you're ever through Indiana you got to stop here in Kokomo, we have a 90 degree full pipe that is sick to skate or bike.

Gold Street Customs said:
I still have this collection from way back, I still ride the Museum piece Tony Hawk with Motobuilt Trucks I got from a team rider back in 87 with well worn Kryptonic Lites, Rodney Mullen freestyle with Indy's and Vision wheels,Cabalero reissue with Trackers, can't remember the wheels, Santa Cruz Airlite fiberglass deck, sector nine longboard,And the offroad board has trackers I believe. I have rode the first ever skatepark in the bay area Alameda Skatepark in 78, also rode Newark, Milpita's ,Winchester,Del Mar, Santa Rosa, Santa Cruz, Willits, the last one I rode was Ukiah, I can still do a shuvit 360!!!!! 8)
repack007.jpg
I rode a tony hawk like that one but in blue back in the day, so wish I had one now.

Here's my skateboard. It is a free former from sometime in the 70's. I just cleaned it up and it looked brand new but after a few rides it started to dull again. :( I'm not that into skateboarding but there's something about riding a skateboard with loose ball bearings that makes you feel good inside. 8)
freeformerandbearings.jpg

freeformerandbearings1.jpg

I also picked up these NOS bearings at a garage sale about a week ago. I can't find any info on them but they look like they are also from the early 70's. I can't bring myself to open NOS things so they will probably just sit around till I sell them or I'll hang them on my (workroom) wall.
freeformerandbearings2.jpg

freeformerandbearings3.jpg

My Mom threw away my boards from the late 70´s and the one I rode the wheels to the ground when I was a kid back in the 80´s :cry: :cry: :cry:
I need a new old sk8

That´s it! Despite I´m fat and old (pst!) I´m getting up from the computer right now and heading to a skate shop!
I´m buying a sk8 baby, Waahoo!!!

I went out skateboarding a couple weeks ago with my buddy, his son, and some of his son's friends. I haven't been on a skateboard much in over ten years. It was way fun but hurts a lot more than I remember, lol. I even ended up snapping my board. It was funny because we went to the skatepark for a few minutes and then went to some of our old spots. All of the younger kids thought it was crazy to just be out skating on the street. Skateparks sure have changed things and I'm not sure if it's for the better or not.

Well, while looking for a skate I ran across one of this and bought it, I´m picking it up right after work...

so excited, riding pics tomorrow!!! :wink:

Gdcast said:
Well, while looking for a skate I ran across one of this and bought it, I´m picking it up right after work...

so excited, riding pics tomorrow!!! :wink:
Oh yeah !!! I have been eyeballing one of those 8)

Oh yeah !!! I have been eyeballing one of those 8)

Got mine on Friday after work, gave it a little test ride before a mayor storm that hit us later that night, and it´s awesome!!!
GSC you should definitely get one! I promise you wont regret it.

So, as it´s been raining hard and is way to cold to risk getting sick, I´ve been customizing my board in order to honour our rodder tradition, so expect to see some pics soon :wink:

Roscoe C I wish I had had one of those 10 years ago, back when my body responded to my brain... :lol: :oops: :cry:

sup bros ,
I just wanted to show you people this:
http://element.searchpw.com/refer/J4CK1234
it is a search engine set up by element (skateboard company).
after you sign up, you will get points when you search for things-
like about 10 ish points average every couple of searches.
you can use these points to buy stuff from the reward store.
they get advertising money when people search so that is how
the free stuff comes into it.

if you join using the link above it means i get points when you do, but
when you get your mates to join it means that you get points when they
do pretty cool, eh

check out the link and see what you think. the points rack up pretty quick
and you can sell what you win for project money, or just learn to skate

best of luck,

Jack

Gdcast said:
Roscoe C I wish I had had one of those 10 years ago, back when my body responded to my brain... :lol: :oops: :cry:

Its a lot of fun. And the good thing is falling in the grass doesn't hurt as bad as pavement. (Rocks and gravel are not my friends).

I don't skate too often but here are the two I have left. One from my teen years and one from my late twenties/early thirties.
S5030241.jpg

Roscoe Clyde

Latest posts

Back