1935 Wards Hawthorne

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just bought this 1935? Wards Hawthorne as a birthday present to myself, what are your thoughts? I can tell the kickstand is wrong as it should have a drop stand and clip on the rear fender I believe. The seller told me the kickstand was a rare elgin pencil stand but I have no idea.... Otherwise I can tell the pedals are worng so would definately be open to trading the ones on it for some that would be correct for it. Any other feedback would be great! It definately has some scuffs and scratches, but I plan to leave it alone as a rider other than maybe putting some more correct parts onto it as I move along with it.... Both hubs are New Departure, not sure brand of seat since it has been recovered I believe, not sure about rear rack......
Hawthorne001.jpg

Hawthorne003.jpg

Hawthorne002.jpg

Hawthorne004.jpg

Hawthorne005.jpg

Hawthorne006.jpg

Hawthorne007.jpg

I am interested in any period correct accessories if you have something that would look cool on here like a light, horn, tank, etc.... I also want a drop stand for it as well if anyone has one cheap! Thanks

it would be nice if it was a pencil stand, one just sold for $400 on the cabe. unfortunatly its not a pencil stand. nice bike though

skillsthebarber said:
is that og paint/chrome or restored?
I am not positive but I am pretty sure it has been repainted and re-chromed. It looks way to shiny to be OG

Latest posts

Back