HOW A BICYCLE IS MADE (1945)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great vid Steve.

Someone please tell me how they dipped bike frames in enamel paint without it RUNNING??!!!

And those ladies installing the tubes and tires! I'd hate to be one of their kids and get into trouble. She'd be able to whack me into the next town with those beefy arms! :)

I'd like to know how long the guy lived who was hand dipping those frames into the enamel. :shock: :shock: :shock:

udallcustombikes said:
Rat Rod said:
I'd like to know how long the guy lived who was hand dipping those frames into the enamel. :shock: :shock: :shock:

And what about the guy standing all day in the cloud coming off the chemical bath?

I was thinking the same! Very cool video thanks Steve!

jwm said:
Yikes!
Lots of scary machinery there. No stoners need apply. What surprised me is that every component of the bike was made right there at the Raleigh plant- they even rolled their own tubing for the frame, and machined the hubs right there as well. Back then, Made in England meant exactly that.

JWM

Even Brooks and Sturmey Archer were just divisions within that plant, all under the same roof.

Latest posts

Back