2 Hiawathas and a Tornado

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just hours after I got my Cruso home and posted on here, I got another call about some bikes. My funds were low but my interest was high, so I went over to take a look. The guy was leaving town for 45 days and wanted to sell them before he left. Had to take all three. I really only wanted the men's Meteor but this is what I came home with.
Khroneisland001.jpg

Khroneisland002.jpg

Khroneisland003.jpg

Khroneisland004.jpg

Khroneisland006.jpg

Khroneisland005.jpg

Anybody know what hood ornament or light should have been on the front fender?

The Hiawatha probably takes a Delta Winner. At least that's what I've always seen them with. I have a nice one for sale if you're interested. That Tornado is pretty sweet also.

Great finds. Interesting that I once had an identical Hiawatha Meteor and I bought it in Sidney, Montana. I guess it isn't that surprising since Gambles Hardware stores were located all over the west/midwest.

skillsthebarber said:
is the girls schwinn a 26 or 24?
Sadly she is a 24. Are you looking for one?

Georgeediii said:
skillsthebarber said:
is the girls schwinn a 26 or 24?
Sadly she is a 24. Are you looking for one?

George...Id be interested in the rack on the 24"Schwinn if you decide to part it...P 8)

blackchop1 said:
if those kinda cool bikes are up there- i cant wait to get back home to montana!
We have a saying around here rarely used on a native son

Montana is full but I hear North Dakota is nice.

I call them dibs on all the sweet old bikes in my town!

Georgeediii said:
blackchop1 said:
if those kinda cool bikes are up there- i cant wait to get back home to montana!

im from billings. so ive got alot more city ground to cover- ill call dibs on the billings area :D

That Meteor is SWEEEEET! If the 2 speed's original, '52 was the first year for them. It's a CWC bike btw, and probably has '52 Cw" stamped on the BB after the serial. -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
That Meteor is SWEEEEET! If the 2 speed's original, '52 was the first year for them. It's a CWC bike btw, and probably has '52 Cw" stamped on the BB after the serial. -Adam

All of these bikes were purchased new by and kept in the same family. I feel pretty confident that the two speed is original to the bike. I checked the BB and the total number is

B58103 54C

So I guess it is a '54, I couldn't see a lower case "w" but the C was stamped pretty close to the edge of the bracket.

blackchop1 said:
Georgeediii said:
blackchop1 said:

im from billings. so ive got alot more city ground to cover- ill call dibs on the billings area :D

My wife's family is from Billings and we are in Mesa. Small world.

Latest posts

Back