B frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
well....i will leave it at that for now but heres some pictures....
IMG_0004.jpg

theres the frame :mrgreen:
and heres the forks...
116_4001.jpg

116_4002.jpg

116_4010.jpg

dont worry....theyll be 10"-11" longer than the messing around shots....
so now you all know where this build is going!
right?
yeah....i thought so :wink: (after the 5th all my Plan9Customs obligations are fulfilled so i can work on my stuff for a little bit :eek: maybe....)

as for the seat post i just tossed one on my scale drawing to hold it down and thats where it landed.....

progress :shock:
IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

an hour of getting ready and 4 minutes of actual work :lol:

Looking great so far. Reminds me of kamilos' first baron frame. Keep the pictures coming

Re: B frame *SPOILER ALERT!*

vanlow said:
Looking great so far. Reminds me of kamilos' first baron frame. Keep the pictures coming
good eye! and thanks thats exactly what i was trying to do(generally i wont build someone elses designs but ive always loved that frame and wanted one for years)
ohh...just so no one freaks out....
IMG_0087.jpg

i got permission BEFORE i even thought of starting :wink:

since the cats out of the bag....heres the basic feel of what mine will be*
blackbaron.jpg

drop outs are going to be the standard ones not the stars,the tank will be a tank not just a plate,and im making my own traditional style forks

*3d rendering is Kamilos' as well

I love that frame. Well all his frames really, he said it was cool if I build his bobster last summer and it turned out great.

What size tubing are you using for this frame? I just started building a frame and am using 1.5" tube because that's the size of the dies that come with the HF tubing roller , but it seems pretty beefy

vanlow said:
What size tubing are you using for this frame? I just started building a frame and am using 1.5" tube because that's the size of the dies that come with the HF tubing roller , but it seems pretty beefy
i think its 1 1/4 since thats what the last 2 frames i sold were made with...
well i havent had much time to work on this(need to get some tubing and the steel shop is closed on sat. :x i tried deviating from his original a little and didnt like how it was looking so i trashed that one and started a new one exactly as Kamilos had it :oops: )
anyhow....heres the new frame(dont mind the dykem and the sharpie lines those will be cleaned off when its ready for finish welding)
IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

its sitting in the jig waiting for me to tack the dropouts in but ive been slacking since i dont have the steel and my build off bike is still kinda in progress

oh my kid did get me something for this though!
IMG_0189.jpg

now i may have to change my original color plans.....

got to the steel shop finally and braved the 100+ heat in the shop so its starting to look like something now...
IMG_0473.jpg

got my drop outs cut so its ready to go on the jig tonight or tomorrow....
oh heres Kamilos' so you can see what itll look like finished(well minus the tank plate...since im going to make a tank time willing)
kamilosbaronframeraw.jpg

heres why i file down all my welds....
IMG_0462.jpg

cant have any bubble gum around the seams :lol:
IMG_0463.jpg

gotta hide all my slop!
nahhhh....really its just habit...when i work on cars i dont leave weld seams on anything so it carries over into my bikes(i mean if i chopped your car or replaced your 1/4 panel would you want it smooth or to have a weld seam?)
i also dont believe in those Nancy-boy things like tubing rollers or benders...i do all my stuff by hand i also dont even use hole saw to notch....all by hand :mrgreen:
IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

i like having quality not quantity. besides....my bikes are built with blood,sweat,and beers.
and i like having pretty hands :p
IMG_0483.jpg

just a buffer sarcastic post until i get gsc's tank finished and then ill have a real update :p

AARRRGGHH!! How do you bend your tubing??? Man you guys, you all know so much, I don't. What do you have for a jig? Is that blood or Dykem? :lol:

I like your bikes and builds. Can I just ask loads of questions?

dont have to like my bikes or builds to ask questions!i did the same when i first started thinking about making a frame(thanks again Kamilos,Uncle stretch,Iridecustoms,G kustom kuhl,and everyone else i bothered who took the time to answer :mrgreen: )...the only stupid questions are the ones unasked.ill answer if i can.
oh if its on a bike thats dykem...if its on me thats blood :lol:

Latest posts

Back