BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gold Street Customs said:
A little of both, mostly bills, I will be getting my Ross Mt Bike on the bay soon, to cover my unemployment payment transition, here's the bike

I feel for you, been there, hope it works out, especially during these rough spots.

I love that shoulder strap on the bike, something all mountain bikes should still have.

Gold Street Customs Im going thru one of them, the unemployment transition mines from one state to another. Its amazing how when you owe them money they want it now and when you want money from them they take their sweet time.

So, I am back from my trip and planning to FINALLY get started this weekend. I have a question though. I have two ideas in my head for my bike. One is a rat looking bike. The other is a "theme" bike which would require some nicer painting, masking, and adding a bit of bling. I'll be doing all the work myself and keeping a nice tight budget, but what do you guys think? Is a fancy painted theme bike with some bling really in the spirit of a "rat rod build"???

Terry66 said:
So, I am back from my trip and planning to FINALLY get started this weekend. I have a question though. I have two ideas in my head for my bike. One is a rat looking bike. The other is a "theme" bike which would require some nicer painting, masking, and adding a bit of bling. I'll be doing all the work myself and keeping a nice tight budget, but what do you guys think? Is a fancy painted theme bike with some bling really in the spirit of a "rat rod build"???

Sure it is, just look at my BEER RUN build from last year! :oops:

My bike is not flashy, but it will be a theme, look back at the winners, a REALLY flashy fire fighter theme bike took a top spot a couple years back.

Cool....ok,so I am going to try out a few things this weekend before I commit to pulling this off, but it could get REALLY good.

Peatbog said:
Terry66 said:

It's really more of a bicycle build, than a rat rod bicycle build. The spirit of the build is just to build a cool bike.

Id say Peatbog summed it up pretty darn good,just build what makes you smile!!!!!!!!!!

Peatbog said:
I learned one thing. Last year I stumbled upon this website just before the Rat Rod Bikes International Bike Build Off. I wasn't in it because I really did not know what was going on. But I had plenty of time to look at all the builds and say, "Hey, that is pretty dang cool."

Now, when you are in the bike build yourself, I have learned, you miss a lot of stuff that other people are doing.

Speak for yourself, I am following each and every build very closely, every detail, I love everyone's builds, they are all awesome, and I am voting for each and every one of them. 8)

Xcruiser said:
Peatbog said:
Terry66 said:

It's really more of a bicycle build, than a rat rod bicycle build. The spirit of the build is just to build a cool bike.

Id say Peatbog summed it up pretty darn good,just build what makes you smile!!!!!!!!!!

Brother if there is one thing that has made me smile since I was a little kid is Evel Knievel. I present my new RRBBO theme bike - PURE EVEL

I caught up with looking at progress of everyone's build yesterday and I think I am the reason Jake dropped to page two because I had posted on so many peeps builds. There is some amazing work being done here.

Either a LOT of folks here do not understand Rule 3...or I don't understand it. Seems like every other build has some SIGNIFICANT frame reworking going on. :roll:

Tim

VonFink said:
Either a LOT of folks here do not understand Rule 3...or I don't understand it. Seems like every other build has some SIGNIFICANT frame reworking going on. :roll:

Tim

Mine is just a bolt on. But I agree that people are pushing the envelope.

VonFink said:

Tim
Well, I'm trying to follow the rules but, honestly, if the rules start getting in the way of building a nice bike I'd be the first to bow out of the contest. The past has shown that cool bikes can be built within the rules, so I don't think I will have to do that.

When I see a bike that I feel breaks the rules it helps me narrow down which builds I'm voting for. If it's iffy, sorry, you are out.

Rg

In last year's BO6, Petrohead had the number Six in his build name and bike, so I figure I will copy him since I need all the luck I can get.
My build name is now "FlexLiner 7".
The bolt on MetorFlite rear end is like two "7"s turned upside down.
And of course my head badge will be the RRB 007 badge .
My goal is to have Electra/Nirve/Felt build a FlexLiner 7 next year. :p :p :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back