***QuickSilver- Stick a fork in it!***

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Phoenix- Ever Ride a Disco Ball?

Peatbog said:
C'mon man, am I the only one here who thinks the tapered kickstand is really cool?

I am glad someone besides me finds it cool. Most of my builds appear pretty low key, but the devil is in the details.

I spent a little time getting the bike reassembled and back to where it was at the end of the day yesterday. I believe I am gonna have to hit Harry the Pin Striper up this week to work his magic on the silver.

IMAG1170.jpg

The blues don't match, but they compliment each other well.
IMAG1171.jpg

I wish I could capture the true essence of this metal flake silver in a picture to share.
IMAG1172.jpg

I need to find a stem and set of bars that fit with the direction the bike is heading in.

Was that kickstand used on all models? I've got a New World beyond the fire (destroyed records) w/a tapered stand and would like to know what year it was.

JoKeR63 said:
Was that kickstand used on all models? I've got a New World beyond the fire (destroyed records) w/a tapered stand and would like to know what year it was.

'46 was the only year they used the tapered kickstand. '45 and before were bolt on and '47 and after had the un-tapered kickstand we all know and love.

udallcustombikes said:
JoKeR63 said:

'46 was the only year they used the tapered kickstand. '45 and before were bolt on and '47 and after had the un-tapered kickstand we all know and love.

Awesome, I guessed '47 so I was close. Thanx, and I'm diggin' the seat choice.

I like the saddle alot because the lines of the frame compliment it :)

I didnt like the rim so much until I saw the truss rods. I really like that. looks like its coming together nicely! :mrgreen:

Craig

I love a Friday night out in the garage. This is my only night off this week so no sense in sleeping tonight. I mounted the seat and selected a set of straight MTB bars for now. I will put some miles on it and reassess the bars.

Time for more opinions from the voters.
1.Tank?
a. No Tank-leave it alone
IMAG1190.jpg

b. Return the Wooden Tank to the bike- I was planning on having all the pin striping done in matching blue. If I use the wood tank I will have to incorporate red into the bike as well.
IMAG1184.jpg

IMAG1185.jpg

c.Build a Steel Tank- It never turns out as good as it looks in my head, but I never quit trying. :oops:

I took the bike out for a test ride and the geometry with this set up feels identical to my Trek 820.

Time to get Harry on the job.

Re: Re-Name***QuickSilver***

Today's update is brought to you by this Corona Light that someone left in my fridge.
IMAG1191.jpg

The Coasters BC and the Wichita Downtown Development Corp hosted three tour rides today that I used as a shake down ride to find any bugs that needed to be dealt with. Hannah joined me for the ride and we stopped by The Old Mill Tasty Shop for some shakes before we headed home.
IMAG1198.jpg

The only issue I found with the bike was a slight tire rub on the back. I will need to look into weather it is the rim not true or the tire not seated correctly.

Re: Re-Name***QuickSilver***

Tank/No Tank is a tough one. It looks great either way.

Re: ***QuickSilver and the blood sacrifice.

Ive managed to avoid drawing blood lately. I seem to keep forgetting how long a bike frame can retain heat after removing stuck parts with a torch

Man, that hurts just lookin at it! That's gonna be real sore tomorrow! How are you operating an overhead crane with just one hand? Look out below! :mrgreen:

pick said:
Man, that hurts just lookin at it! That's gonna be real sore tomorrow! How are you operating an overhead crane with just one hand? Look out below! :mrgreen:

Taking the night off tonight, i'll figure out the dynamics of the crane tomorrow night.

Latest posts

Back