Mofo / MoFaux 8/1 They're Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mustgo

Finished up brazing the rust holes in the rear stays.
b50f4ba7.jpg

Ran into a small problem with running such a large sprocket on this frame, I needed relief in the rear stay.
ffa3003d.jpg

Added a dimple for the sprocket and the crank arm.
cabd84dd.jpg

Started on the seat today
9249f12b.jpg

I wanted to keep the low profile of the seat, so I decided to go with 1/4" foam, shaped it with 80 grit sandpaper.
774d5e31.jpg

I still had a few problems with the bolt bumps so I wrapped the seat again with batting...much better.
0f869deb.jpg

This is my first wrapped seat, it turned out very nice I must say.
346e8adf.jpg

The weather will be nice this weekend...so I'll move on to painting the frame.

The seat is now done!
dacd2e38.jpg

Because I'm 6'2" with a 38" inseam I wanted to make sure I was able to power that huge crank. So I added a 16" solid stem to my metal undercarriage.

This is the maximum height (ideal if you're 7'5") but it's nice to know it can easily support my 220lbs butt! without fretting.
9231b5d0.jpg

fordsnake said:
The seat is now done!
dacd2e38.jpg
Because I'm 6'2" with a 38" inseam I wanted to make sure I was able to power that huge crank. So I added a 16" solid stem to my metal undercarriage.
Nice Job on the seat! It looks great attached. The detail on the fender looks really cool.
Good to see your making it so you can "get the power down". :D

That seat turned out sharp!!

Peatbog said:
I agree. That seat is really cool. How'd you do the "M" on the seat? Did you end up stitching it?

Thanks, I decided against stitching it because of the curvature of the seat, I was afraid that too much stretching of the leather would destroy the design, so I cut a stencil out of the 3M Blue painter's tape, centered it where I wanted on the seat and spray painted the "M" on.

I'd like to say thank you to all the men and women who have help to defend our freedom...bless you all!

I finished with sanding and cleaning the frame and the tank yesterday…tomorrow I’ll begin painting it. Here's an experiment I was playing with, I wanted to achieve an unusual patina mixing multiple rattle can colors.
7620e7af.jpg

dogdart said:
A nice selection of parts , and some great fab work , are adding up to one sweet build 8)
MplsCoaster said:
motopsyco said:
+1! Super cool sprocket and seat
Thanks, it's been a blast digging through my storage, seeing what I can come up with for this build. So far there's at least 9 bikes thrown together to make this one.

Latest posts

Back