Bonneville OLDE DUCE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my latest build, The OLDE DUCE. I have always had a thing for bonneville motorcycles and cars, and wanted to bring some of the flavor to life in a bike. I got the name OLDE DUCE form a mentally disabled guy I met at a car show, real nice guy. There was a replica general lee at the show, and this guy loved dukes of hazzard. So much that his mother said he knew all the shows by heart. I talked to him for a minute and he called the general lee the OLDE DUCE, I don't why he did but the name just stuck with me. From then on I new I had a name to go with my build, which gave me more ideas. Now I just need to find some salt!

about the bike

65' schwinn jaguar frame (painted flat brown)
95 repop tank (girlfriend bought me)
original crank, chain ring
brooks b-17 saddle
mtb bike bars cut 2 inches off ends
metallic black grips
I made all the vinyl lettering and stripes on the chain guard,
bonneville decal I remade but it is the official color and size decal of 1965
retro runner tires
electra head light

bike7.jpg

bike8.jpg

44 mag caps stuck in the grips and also used as valve caps
bike6.jpg

bike5.jpg

bike4.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike1.jpg

bike3.jpg

Wow...love the details on this bike...you did a great job.

Can't go wrong with Retro Runner and a Brooks saddle. :wink:

I'd say this one was build off worthy.....wait,....oh yeah,....every day is a build off around here, ha ha.

Don't worry they are not live rounds, bullet is removed. Thanks guys for the nice comments!

wow.......... that thing is sweet......... i REALY love the way these old bikes look with the newer handle bars...... realy makes them look rodded out!!! just mean looking! whered you find the sticker for the chain guard?

I made the sticker for the chain guard. I found an original decal in a catalog but I didn't know where to order it, so I had to redraw it in illustrator then printed it at work, and then laminated it, with a die cut.

Beautiful! Great color, Great bike!

Latest posts

Back