My turn for a clone

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uncle Stretch (I guess it's actually Brother Stretch to me) got bored while waiting for his Mexico connection to come through on building him some Colson clone frames, so he built me a one in the mean time.

I ran over to his house this weekend with my parts in hand and we put it together and went riding.

I ended up using a springer on the front, a Strumey-Archer wheel set, some whitewalls, a chainring with built in guards, a nice seat I got from RatRod and some cruiser handlebars.

So here's how mine turned out.

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1924.jpg

Here's a shot of the clone sitting next to my Chief - which is the bike that started the whole stretching thing.

IMG_1926.jpg

From axle to axle, the clone is 6" longer than the Chief. Part of that is from the springer versus a regular fork, and the rest is the extra length in the back stays.

Both bikes measure the same from the top of the neck to the top of the seat post.

The clone rides nice - and it's probably more comfortable because of the longer length.

I'm jealous! :mrgreen:

Thanks, guys. I really like the way it turned out and it rides nice too.

I didn't mention that Paul painted it black for me. He said "Hey, it's a clone, so mine is black which means yours has to be black too". :lol:

I think RatRod has some different plans for his, though, and will probably go with another color.

Hopefully the Mexico connection will come through soon and we'll see several of them on the forum done all different ways.

So clones - but with a few DNA differences. :mrgreen:

I was thinking.. you really dont need that Chief anymore.. (hint, hint) lol.

I have to have my Chief for a different click! :D

My Strumey-Archer rear end on the new clone makes one clicking sound when I ride it and the Chief with the Nexus rear end on it makes a different clicking sound.

So depending on what type of click I want, that's the one I roll out to ride. :lol:

"SEND IN THE CLONES"(Dr Evil)

sorry but i had to say it

love the streatches, you are realy leaving your mark with them :roll:

makes me want ta make one

bye

Sorry that I ask for some really oldfashioned details...: are there any riding pictures? :D

I don't have any shots of me on the bike, but maybe if I get a chance I will try taking one or two.

The rain set in here in south Texas on Friday so getting out to take pictures may be hard right now.

Actually, though, you can check out this link to the first clone - which is the same bike - and it has more details on the build and a video of Uncle Stretch riding it.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4834&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Thanks, guys. I really like the way it turned out and it rides nice too.

I didn't mention that Paul painted it black for me. He said "Hey, it's a clone, so mine is black which means yours has to be black too". :lol:

I think RatRod has some different plans for his, though, and will probably go with another color.

Hopefully the Mexico connection will come through soon and we'll see several of them on the forum done all different ways.

So clones - but with a few DNA differences. :mrgreen:

It's a shame that the Mexico connection fell through and we didn't see these come to fruition.

Latest posts

Back