POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: POST PHOTOS HERE FOR THE GALLERY PAGE

This is my bike I made about 98% of it.
IMG_2199.jpg

“Miss Fit”
MissFit001.jpg

She was built using parts from a Touring Bike: crank (Shimano Bio-Pace triple 48-38-28) and early Suntour friction shifters mounted on the goose neck's steering shaft; an old Mountain Bike: “Y”-frame, rear cassette (6-speed 14-30), front fork, seat tube and Shimano XT rear derailleur; a Road Bike: handle bar, goose neck, brake handles (I had to install travel agents in order to increase the mechanical advantage/travel due to use of the “H” brakes) and handle bar tape; and finally, a Muscle Bike: banana seat and sissy bar.

This bicycle has been a challenging, yet fun build due to all of the disparate bicycle types incorporated into it – somehow, I got all of these incongruent pieces to work together – that part, in all honesty, was just plain old blind luck! :D

Replaced the coil over shock with a personally manufactured steel bar, I deliberately left the surface rust on it and painted over it with clear matted polyurethane (the piece had character!)

MissFit004.jpg

I hope you like her.

heretic13 said:
54 HAWTHORNE boardtracker/gasbike
IMG_20120511_173301.jpg

.... YES! And the setting is nice too.

heres mine. Chopped guapo. I'd call it bad ... rahter than guapo now. or outlaw, but i dont name it, i just call it my pos neighborhood rider.

immag0317.jpg

im Brandt n this is one of my first builds completed late last year. i call it nostalgia heart

20120605_123446.jpg

20120605_123531.jpg

Dr. Tankenstein said:
DUDE! That bike is one of your best yet!

Cheers to you bro!

Dr. T

iRide Custom Bicycles said:
Kill Machine

6a97cfff.jpg
That is a very nice ride indeed; well done dude!

This forum makes it obvious that there are no limits to the creativity expressed by Rat Rodders; I am proud and yet humbled to be a member of this small, yet formidable, alliance.

Peace guys

Latest posts

Back