Skid Master Rebuild

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it goes... I decided it was time to rebuild my bike. It has been the same for the past three years and It will be much easier to redo this one than start from scratch again. :wink:
Things to come...
1. new paint
2. 26 inch wheels and tires
3. new bars

Here is what it was...
bikes006.jpg

I will post pics as things progress

Torn down to frame
bike002.jpg

primered and ready to block sand
bike002-1.jpg

A sample of the new hue
bike002-2.jpg

That's it for now...
I have lots of sanding in my future to get rid of the pinstriping (it keeps popping through the topcoat)

Hey Dangler,Did you build that bike? What did you start with? I would really like to see the pics of the build.I usually never go for bikes that look too motorcycle like,but yours is a work of art man.REAL COOL.I can not find anything I do not like about it.

oldgreenbean said:
Hey Dangler,Did you build that bike? What did you start with? I would really like to see the pics of the build.I usually never go for bikes that look too motorcycle like,but yours is a work of art man.REAL COOL.I can not find anything I do not like about it.
The frame started life as a Toys R us West Coast limited cheapy chopper bike.
westcoast.jpg

I cut off the original rear chain stays because I didn't like the fish tail look. i replaced them with a new set that was removed from a Firebikes prototype frame my friend had cut up. I also ditched the original forks (they were junk) and replaced them with a new set that raked out further... I then smoothed out every seam and painted it... I also added the seat, bars, and tank from a Jesse James chopper bike... :wink:

VicXsaN said:
Won't 26" be to big?
No, a 26 inch wheel and tire will fit fine. The overall diameter of the rear tire is same as my 24x3 that I had on it before. Up front the wheel diameter is a little bigger. This will raise my bike up a little which will hopefully keep my pedals from hitting the ground. (spooky at speed) :oops:
bike001-1.jpg

bike003-1.jpg

Okay! I think this will look kinda cool, reminds me of the Biker Build Of with billy lane vs that guy from Amen, with his 23" rear whell, that thing was HUGE! You'll need to slap som 3"on there! :D

I just found this old pic of my bike. This is right after I replaced the original chain stays and the front forks. :oops:
choppered.jpg

MeHeadHunter said:
Hey......Get back to work on this bike!!!! I want to see it finished!!! :lol:
How did you know that I stopped working on it?
I got side tracked with my buddy's bike (The Petree pedaler) I ran into some paint issues. So, I am going to have to strip the frame down to metal and filler again.
Hopefully in the next couple of days I will get off my butt and head to my garage and get busy...

Well, I finally got back on The Skid Master. It took me about four hours to get the old paint and body filler off of the frame. Hopefully if the weather is nice I will get it painted this weekend... :mrgreen:
bike036.jpg

bike033.jpg

Just in from the garage...I decided not to remold the frame. I wanted the seems to show...
bike039.jpg

bike044.jpg

Tomorrow I will hang the frame and finish the paint. Then time for some clear. :mrgreen:

Very nice!

funny that you chose blue for the frame.

i'm also working on my rat fink and the new colors are blue for the frame with everything else
black!

tartosuc said:
Very nice!

funny that you chose blue for the frame.

i'm also working on my rat fink and the new colors are blue for the frame with everything else
black!
It sounds like you have good taste :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back