Need Help IDing this roadster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my hands on what looks like a pre-war roadster with 28" wheels and a double top tube. It looks almost identical to this windsor below.

old+bike.jpg

The thing is I am having trouble identifying it because it has two coats of paint on the frame and a missing headbadge. There is a circular imprint where the headbadge is supposed to be, so I'm ruling out Raleigh. Could this be a Windsor? If so, is it a 70's mexican or indian frame or much older? The tires say Goray Laguna but these could have been replaced later on. Also, the seat stays on the bike are bolted on the frame. I need tips on restoration. Any advice is appreciated.

Well without pictures of the actual bike, you're not really giving much to go on. What about it makes you think it is pre-war? That might help. Does it have any branded components? That might also help.

I'll post pictures as soon as I can. The bike feels very cast iron like, even with two coats of paint on it. I have also seen newer Windsor roasters from India and Mexico and they do not have a metal headbadge, rather a decal on the headtube. The crankarm has a much bigger chainring than any of the old cruisers have. This bike also uses lever rod brakes, one which is currently missing and needs a replacement. This is what I'm going by, I know it's not much, but right now the frame is covered in paint and grease and missing a headbadge. Pictures will be posted soon.

Latest posts

Back