60's Murray Trike **COMPLETED**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks good... and your right prep is everything... use the green tape... frog tape I think they call it..
and take your time painting ..light coats... let it set up between coats.. but I like what you have done here.

CRASH said:
It had hub caps? Yeah, let me see em! 8)
I don't know for sure if the year of yours came with these, but this is what I have.
024.jpg

CRASH said:
Thanks, but the pictures make the paint look better than it really does. The clear coat didn't get near as shiny as I thought it would have. Maybe it's prep? Maybe it's just inexperience. But it makes be think that I want to powdercoat my important projects, despite the cost.

Did you wet sand before clearing it that is very a important step

big kountry said:
CRASH said:
Thanks, but the pictures make the paint look better than it really does. The clear coat didn't get near as shiny as I thought it would have. Maybe it's prep? Maybe it's just inexperience. But it makes be think that I want to powdercoat my important projects, despite the cost.

Did you wet sand before clearing it that is very a important step
No. I started a conversation on it, but for various circumstances I decided not to. I now see the result, and know that for a better job I need better paint, better prep, slower application and better sanding.

CRASH said:
No. I started a conversation on it, but for various circumstances I decided not to. I now see the result, and know that for a better job I need better paint, better prep, slower application and better sanding.

It looks fine for a rider...your daughter will enjoy it and once she outgrows it you can re-do it into a showpiece...old trikes like that are keepers for sure.

Latest posts

Back