the story of "rag and bone"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
so here is the story of rag and bone...
it starts with a free 10 speed....
DSC02507.jpg

i stripped that, flipped a mountain bike frame and added some structure. as you will see in the picture below, its all really a skeleton now. those are golf caddy wheels for stability and that is the front fork laying on the ground, all still in an early phase.
this bike when done, will have a steam punk/ industrial revolution/gypsy/ feel to it.
i dont know if you can tell by the picture but it will have two 26 in wheels in the rear and one up front. making a combine total of 5 wheels!
oh and the rim up front is for stability for that fork , and it also keeps it from looking like a chopper (which i love but not what im going for)

ragandbone2.jpg

thanks for the "what the ...?" thats what i was going for. this week im working on the brakes. which i guess will be a fender that will rub against the wheel to stop it. and other suggestions? i know i want a huge lever to pull on to stop

gaskill said:
thanks for the "what the ...?" thats what i was going for. this week im working on the brakes. which i guess will be a fender that will rub against the wheel to stop it. and other suggestions? i know i want a huge lever to pull on to stop
actual Breaks might work for such a situation. (just sayin)

Where you from?..........What the heck do they put in your drinking water? :shock: :shock: .........................................Looking forward (I guess) to seeing the results. :lol: :lol:

Wow, that is gonna be different. I guess we will all get to find out what "steam punk/ industrial revolution/gypsy/ feel " means. :D

Please post more pics as you go!

Dan

I'm interested... it's like a movie preview that just shows a hint of what the monster looks like. I'm eager to see what this "thing" turns out to look like. Keep us posted!

tikiharl said:
I want whatever you are having, except I only want a half, LOL. Cant wait to see the progress, looks great. :shock: 8) :?: :lol:

I'm thinking for brakes you could use a Dogsled rope & hook! :lol: :lol: :lol: :? :? :? :?
L8 EM

haha, thanks for all the feeback. i'll get yall another picture soon so you know how shes coming along. i've been riding it around on my crowded college campus without brakes so i guess i might have to get on a solution pretty soon.

gaskill said:
haha, thanks for all the feeback. i'll get yall another picture soon so you know how shes coming along. i've been riding it around on my crowded college campus without brakes so i guess i might have to get on a solution pretty soon.
You can...ride that?

COOL

I can't wait to see the next steps

Latest posts

Back