Skyway TA Race Cruiser,...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a special thanks going out to ind-chuckz for hooking me up with an awesome frameset and Henry morgan hooking me up with the NOS 80's ano red double clamp stem and red ano pedals I would like to introduce " The Skyway Super Cruiser " With the exception of a set of Anodized Gold wheels that will be here Monday I couldn't resist showin er off. For those of you not familier, the Skyway bmx bikes of the 80's were the raddest race bikes on the scene, I had an 82 and have missed it ever since I sold it. It was a 20 inch and just to small so I wanted to build a more comfy rider version of that bike. Seems to have taken forever but I finally got my decals in and on today, bike rides awesome and I'm super happy with the way it turned out. Here she is. :mrgreen: 8)
Picture1013.jpg

Picture1014.jpg

Picture1015.jpg

Picture1016.jpg

Picture1012.jpg

Picture1011.jpg

Picture1010.jpg

Picture1009.jpg

Thanks fellas, really liking the way this one turned out, so much so that I have another of this exact frameset on the way for the next build. :mrgreen:

Thanks fellas, yea a 24x3 will fit, the chainstays are right at 3.5 inches wide. I actually have a set of gold wheels arriving today for it via Fed ex. :mrgreen:

Wow....great build of an "XL" TA! 8)

Can't wait to see the gold rims. 8)

Thanks!! Hows this, sorry for the quick cell phone pics, Gold wheels!! I Love it!! Exactly what I was shooting for 8)
BLINGBLINGNOOGA.jpg

BLINGBLINGNOOGA2.jpg

BLINGBLINGNOOGA3.jpg

scrumblero said:
thats awesome! is it a new skyway frameset? :?
No.. the TA -24in is like a 20in TA frame..

he just put TA decals on some Hathoworn or something :|

Thanks everyone, I wish Skyway would make a 26" but i'm afraid I had to build this one the way I wanted. I wanted to do a Skyway replica because I miss my ole 82. Was just to small so I sold er, this was a Schwinn Heavy Duti until she went under the knife to be reborn as my all time favorite rider. 8) Feels super awesome riding with the gold wheelset, the spokes are super heavy duti, gotta be at least 12 gauge if not thicker, can't wait to go for a ride with the fellas. Last time I brought it out ridin they were takin pics of er. :lol:

iven said:
uugggghhh....

2012_skyway_ta24_ch.jpg

who out grows a 21' tt.. :roll:

The seat tube is so short, go on Planet bmx's website and look at the guy who is wheelying one, its a super low pro frame. A 6 foot guy would never be comfy on one, even at 24 inches its still to small to ride comfortably any amount of time. Sweet frameset though. 8)

now I see it.. :lol: those forks are sick, what are they off?

I saw a couple new ones at the swap yesterday and they are definitely more of a new school geometry..

scrumblero said:
now I see it.. :lol: those forks are sick, what are they off?

I saw a couple new ones at the swap yesterday and they are definitely more of a new school geometry..

The forks are stock, I think this was the first run of the Heavy Duti frame of this style, it has the older looking drops and the box style fork, which I really like also. I have another of these framesets on the way but it has a round tube fork and more of a square edged set of rear drops which I suspect is a later production model. Very cool frame design for this type of build, was going for an early 80's look with this one, I achieved exactly what I was hoping for, love me some old school bmx. 8)

Latest posts

Back