west coast J.C Higgins Jetflow

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Couldn't believe when i was looking on craigslist that I would find a rusted out jet flow for about half the price I have seen other places for one in similar condition and this one was located near me in Huntington beach not half way across the country so I had to get it
The guy I bought it from said he bought it in the 80's when he was 18 he claimed most of it was original but i have my doubts I mean really it has Schwinn grips on it how original can it be
So I have to ask does anyone know if they made reproduction jet flows and if so in what year and how can you tell the difference from the original

103_0023.jpg

That bike looks a lot older than the 80's to me. I don't know if they made repops of those but if that's a repop it would fool me. Gary

I don't think they ever made a repop, that looks like a mid-50s original. Not to be a 'Debbie Downer', but a low price coupled with an uninformed seller smells like a stolen bike. I sincerely hope not, because that bike is AWESOME! If you think about parting it out, I'd be interested in the springer.

Again, great find!

Cheers,
Dr. T

well thanx everyone for letting me know that it might not be a repopi just wanted to double check since it had California bike tags from 1996 and a few parts came off way easier than I expected for something of that age
if it was stolen it was from a long time ago because when I bought it it was buried under a couple other old rusted bikes (pic was taken in my neighbors side yard
I think the bike store he said he bought it used from sold it to him after the put on some new parts of their own and told him it was original
As for parting out the chain guard and rear rack I will be selling
the springer will be going to my worksman rat rod project
I am considering doing a partial trade with the tank to someone who has a worse off jet flow tank than mine since my plans for the bike call for a small amount of cutting to the tank (i will post tank only pictures in the trade section latter)

Really nice bike other than the very few non-original parts the bike should stay the way it is, I would love to find something like that.

MONARKofSoCal said:
well thanx everyone for letting me know that it might not be a repopi just wanted to double check since it had California bike tags from 1996 and a few parts came off way easier than I expected for something of that age
if it was stolen it was from a long time ago because when I bought it it was buried under a couple other old rusted bikes (pic was taken in my neighbors side yard
I think the bike store he said he bought it used from sold it to him after the put on some new parts of their own and told him it was original
I am considering doing a partial trade with the tank to someone who has a worse off jet flow tank than mine since my plans for the bike call for a small amount of cutting to the tank (i will post tank only pictures in the trade section latter)

IMHO it would be a shame to part that bike out even in its rough condition. A Jetflow is a grail bike to many people, including myself and they just dont come along very often. Ive had MANY bikes including a X-53 and a Colorflow and in my opinion the Jetflow is a nicer looking bike and harder to come by. Thats a sweet find you have there and its yours to do with what you wish but If I were you I would at least consider flipping it as a complete and using the loot to buy the parts that you want for other builds. Wish I had some of the parts you were looking for so I would be able to cross owning a Jetflow off my bucket list. 8)

Bri-in-RI said:
MONARKofSoCal said:

IMHO it would be a shame to part that bike out even in its rough condition. A Jetflow is a grail bike to many people, including myself and they just dont come along very often. Ive had MANY bikes including a X-53 and a Colorflow and in my opinion the Jetflow is a nicer looking bike and harder to come by. Thats a sweet find you have there and its yours to do with what you wish but If I were you I would at least consider flipping it as a complete and using the loot to buy the parts that you want for other builds. Wish I had some of the parts you were looking for so I would be able to cross owning a Jetflow off my bucket list. 8)

agreed, I would love to cross off my must have list.... :wink:

Latest posts

Back