FELT BURNER & RAIL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Up until recently they have had this bike on their site in drawing form. Noticed today that they have real photos up now.

This looks like a really sweet bike that would be fun to cruise around on. A little pricey at $519 though, but as with all Felt products, the quality is probably pretty good. Too bad it's not chromoly steel, but pretty cool to have the 2 speed and 29" wheels.

The Burner pays homage to the pioneers of mountain biking, incorporating the look of the first mountain bikes with contemporary refinements and technology. The result is a one of a kind cruiser. The Burner uses a high quality Cantilever aluminum that saves weight and improves ride quality. A 2-speed kick-back gear system allows for easy gear selection and minimizes maintenance. Plus, the massive 29” tires wrapped in aggressive knobby tires can grab on to almost any surface.

Burner29_Red_Putty_USA_v2_lrg.jpg

2013_Burner_29_T2(L).jpg

2013_Burner_29_T3(L).jpg

2013_Burner_29_T4(L).jpg

2013_Burner_29_T1(L).jpg

Burner 29" 2 speed - Brick Red/Putty
cantilever aluminuim frame
rigid, threadless straight leg forks
1-1/8" semi-integrated threadless headset
front mount aluminum 4 bolt BMX stem
MX bar with crossbar
Felt Spacely design, steel, 38T
cr-mo 3pc cranks
29" double wall, 32mm wide aluminum rims
Felt aluminum mid-flange front hub
Sturmey Archer 2 speed kick back coaster brake
14g stainless spokes
29 x 2.2 Knobby

Re: FELT BURNER

That is very cool. Put a 26x3 on the back and you would have a great bobber style bike. :mrgreen:

Re: FELT BURNER

The Rail is pretty sweet too...also $519.

From the knobby skinwall tires, to the vinyl padset, to the racing green paint, the Rail is the Cruiser adaptation of a 1980’s BMX racer. Built with oversized 29” wheels, the Rail’s surefooted performance and ride comfort will make any outing a blast. Modern refinements are abundant, like the Sturmey Archer kick-back rear hub which allows you to change gears just by doing a slight back pedal. CroMo cranks and an aluminum wheelset complete this Cruiser build – 80’s clothes sold separately.

2013-Rail-Racing-Green-v2-lrg.jpg

2013_Rail_29_T2(L).jpg

2013_Rail_29_T3(L).jpg

2013_Rail_29_T4(L).jpg

2013_Rail_29_T1(L).jpg

Rail 29" 2 speed - Racing Green
cantilever aluminuim frame
rigid, straight leg forks
1-1/8" semi-integrated threadless headset
front mount aluminum 4 bolt BMX stem
MX bar with crossbar
Felt Spacely design, steel, 38T chainring
3pc cr-mo cranks
29" double wall, 32mm wide aluminum rims
Felt aluminum mid-flange front hub
Sturmey Archer 2 speed kick back coaster brake
14g stainless spokes
29 x 2.2 Knobby tires
matching embossed padset and saddle

I like the details like the brake arm bracket, especially on top of the chainstay. It doesnt' look like there is much clearance between the chain and chainstay though.

The proportions are perfect on those bikes! Can't tell they are 29ers.

That first one needs a front drum brake.

OK, so I am really starting to like the Burner (red and White one) My question for you guys is in regards to the two speed. I mostly ride my old GT Talera with 21 speeds. I have never really shifted out of the middle gears, and I do live in a hilly area. Do you guys thing the difference in the gears on these two speeds is enough to make a difference on hills, or should the Burner be relagated to flatter bike trails? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks, Doug

In the spring I do assemblies for my (felt dealing) lbs. I asked him this winter, how many builds for one of these bikes?

not available as a frame only yet..maybe I can get a demo or something..

I checked with a LBS that is a felt dealer. These are not due in untll the end of March or early April. I have been riding my GT mountain bike for twenty years now, so I guess I am due for a new one.

Well, I am really interested in a Burner, but no shops here in STL are interested in stocking one. I do not want to buy one without the opportunity to ride it. I would hate to plop down that kind of money and have it end up not being comfortable. I can see where a shop would be hesitant to stock a bike in this price range for fear of being stuck with it. So, if anyone near STL knows of one of these in stock somewhere, please let me know.

Doug

Funny thing about this is that I was up for a job that turned into a long drawn out affair. I went through three interviews, and then they took two weeks to make the final decision. The whole process took nearly a month. I told myself that I if I got the job, I would buy the Burner. Well, I did not get the job, but I decided to buy the bike anyway, to ease my pain so to speak 8) .

cman said:
I like the details like the brake arm bracket, especially on top of the chainstay.

me too, and the chainstay looks like my favorite frame the CWC!

for what you are getting, the price is not out of line IMHO.

Saw them at my LBS today. Bought the burner. Picking it up next week. I was in my work car. Awesome bike!

Latest posts

Back