15 year old from washington ( bremerton/seabeck)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my names skyler. im 15 live 2 hours away from seattle. i have spent the last 5 years parting out/flipping and fixing bicycles to have money and parts for my own rides.

i was 8 i tore my bmx bike apart and my dad told me a week later if you dont get that bike back together today its going to the dump. i spent my hole Friday putting that wheel back on and gist right. with out knowing any thing and sense then i have been rebuilding bikes and customizing my own and friends bikes .

my first rat rod bike i started when i was 9. i found a 70s girls bike 20in with a banana seat and apes. my dad and i had seen a 80cc bicycle engine and thought this little bike would be perfect for me.
cut the middle tube and flipped it to make it look like a sting ray. and slapped that 80 in there the first time we rode it the rear wheel got the spokes ripped out. still have it. siting i the shop . :D
starting out when i was 9 years old. in the old house!Chopper in the begining ....fast n scarry
skylerschopper1_zpsdb49676b.jpg

the chopper befor the motor. seeing this pic makes me want to put the. banana seat the sissy bar back on it.
skylerschopper2_zps94f1cdd7.jpg

IMG_0852_zps0217a95e.jpg

IMG_0853_zps654ed055.jpg

my 68 stingray i picked up of cragslist a week ago with my 64 strato flyer :)

IMG_0999_zps486d379c.jpg

IMG_1002_zpse2af6b22.jpg

IMG_1000_zpsd083afe8.jpg

have lots more rides and hope to post some more but here the first one.

junknutz1975 said:
welcome!
thats a wicked cool looking stingray just the way it is 8)

thanks! took evrey thing apart and lubed it up. filled the rear with slim to hold air and rod down the street. very cool looking. it was found in the woods leand up agenst a old tree with another 64 mens bike. thinking son and dads bike.

3Ed3Jb3Ha5L15Kd5J8d1td5837e331a1b1639_zps8c3830ae.jpg

Hey RBS, Welcome. My old stomping grounds are just south of Bremerton. I saw that '68 Stingray on CL. I thought about it. I figured I'd let you have it ;-)

Greg

LeadSlug said:
Hey RBS, Welcome. My old stomping grounds are just south of Bremerton. I saw that '68 Stingray on CL. I thought about it. I figured I'd let you have it ;-)

Greg

thanks for the welcome. glade to see another person on here form around here.

Welcome to the group, young blood! I wish I could have started working/collecting bikes at an early age as you had. You have a great collection started and you have a lot of creativity working for you. Kudos to your Dad for all of the support in your love of bicycles! Take care. Keep building. Keep riding!

If you set up a maintenance schedule , such as daily , weekly 30 , 60 , 90 days and under each heading list tasks at hand , such as cleaning / polishing , tightening / adjusting , cleaning / lubricating . you might be able to keep the wheels from falling off!!!!

WAIT!!! WAIT !!! . that's not the reason the wheels stay on , it's because you haven't the time to ride anymore i mean with all the list you have to make and maintenance you have to do ... THE HECK WITH THAT RIDE 'EM UNTIL THEY POP.

i have a 50's columbia thunderbolt 24in tires 3rd day as a member should have some pictures posted by july 4th.
you can resurrect the motorized bike by using a solid rim either a composite or aluminum used to have a set of 20in aluminum 3 spoked rims if they have not walked off by themselves..i'll send them your way.

atcherservice said:
If you set up a maintenance schedule , such as daily , weekly 30 , 60 , 90 days and under each heading list tasks at hand , such as cleaning / polishing , tightening / adjusting , cleaning / lubricating . you might be able to keep the wheels from falling off!!!!

WAIT!!! WAIT !!! . that's not the reason the wheels stay on , it's because you haven't the time to ride anymore i mean with all the list you have to make and maintenance you have to do ... THE HECK WITH THAT RIDE 'EM UNTIL THEY POP.

i have a 50's columbia thunderbolt 24in tires 3rd day as a member should have some pictures posted by july 4th.
you can resurrect the motorized bike by using a solid rim either a composite or aluminum used to have a set of 20in aluminum 3 spoked rims if they have not walked off by themselves..i'll send them your way.

thanks. my dad is going to re tread the tire for me. I have been looking for soled rims but most will not fit the front fork.

Welcome from another 15 year old! :mrgreen: Sweet bikes, you'll fit right in here 8)

Latest posts

Back