new arrival 1987 rallye cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
ok so i sold this frame and fork and they came back to me as it sits ( seems to happen alot go figure lol ) minus the wheels
fork is a harley davidson bicycle

the owner began building it up but pulled the plug so now i got it
the front wheel is off a sting ray circa 2006 and the rear wheel i had sitting around
i may lace the hub to another sting ray wheel i have so they match and i can run sting ray tires
but anyways this is another creation im building up as you can see i have several lol
frame is similar to my hermie buildup but top tube is single whereas hermie is a ross 4 bar
so we shall see maybe ill make a pair of Munster themed bikes Herman and grandpa
sound like a good idea?
im open to suggestions
thanks
Sean
0125131154_01_zps5c6732d9.jpg

hers the latest updates on parts
i finally mounted the sting ray tires the back wheel fits the tire fine so im going with it
im still looking for bottom bracket bearings and a sissy bar
im thinking of a high rise sissy in coffin shape for it
thanks for looking
Sean
0127131225_01_zpsf6d823db.jpg

0127131224_01_zps960b0ba3.jpg

im thinking of running this front sprocket setup off a huffy 10 speed
0127131226_01_zps64da4bf6.jpg

just figured id add this as a goof pic lol old training wheels make good makeshift kickstands lol
0127131236_01_zpsd3a15dc9.jpg

this is a chain guard that has my curiosity i heard the name country road before but never seen one so if anyone knows these bikes let me know
0127131238_01_zpsa1b70dd4.jpg

im thinking of a disc brake cover from this old heater base
0128131453_zpsbb7e5a67.jpg

should look something like that
0128131456_01_zpse6759536.jpg

comfoundit! flat every cyclists worse dream come true !!!! lol glad i got tons of spares
0128131458_01_zpsd1c99d85.jpg

enjoy
sean

crank set under construction finally
im using the sprocket pictured and the original cranks this frame had.
i think i may have a donor for the bearings i gotta see if they will fit.
pics soon
Sean.
p.s. flat crisis averted lol i found a mouse had been eating my tubes my cat fixed that problem
where everyone has junkyard dogs i have a junkyard cat lol.
thanks for looking
Sean

got a different seat idea possibility
i have a troxel bucket ( i think their called) seat base im gonna be rebuilding into a seat similar to the Harley choppers from the 70's
the seat was on my flying wedge which is being rebuilt as well
the top pan was destroyed and badly rusted out but the bottom base i salvageable
so my plans are to use this base as a single base and weld some mounts to it and then use foam padding for the seat and recover it
or i just might keep it as it is it looks cool
thanks for looking
more pics soon
Sean
0210131044_01_zps22845c43.jpg

yup thats my fat tire sting in the background the tire popped so i have a whitewall on it for now i will have the 20x3.0 back soon as i can either patch up the one i have or get a new one
0210131044a_zps79297aa1.jpg

sorry the pics are fuzzy my phones been going crazy lately i think i need a new one

i also found this cool fish tank decoration im thinking of either a fender ornament or one of those long shifters the old tee buckets used to have
0210131046_01_zpscd99714f.jpg

sweet
thanks luke it's a slow process but it will get there eventually.
i have another fellow rrber that wants the purple seat if i don't use it.
that's what kinda gave me the idea to use this troxel seat.
it's just too bad the previous owner of my flying wedge let the seat get so badly damaged it was a cool snakeskin patterned black originally and these old troxels shaped like this aren't easy to come by around here .
another reason why i am gonna build it my way .
i will def post more pics soon..
thanks for subscribing
Sean

heya luke
no im building the custom bars for my fat tire sting ray
i did some changes too
a different seat and different bars
here's the seat with my primitive welding
0210131340_01_zps37ef1060.jpg

the bar swap upside down what looks like mustache bars but their the original bars the harley bike has

0210131340a_01_zps6cd3be29.jpg

this is how i am gonna mount the supports
0210131341_01_zpsf6aa8696.jpg

this is how im gonna mount the skull probably gonna install some red leds that flash in the eyes
0210131340b_01_zps9a1c0f09.jpg

done for today its too cold to weld in my garage lol
thanks for looking
Sean

here is the rough idea of the seat obviously i gotta make adjustments but thats how its gonna be
i may or mat not cover it haven't decided yet
thanks for looking
Sean

0212131702_01_zps67147a0b.jpg

thanks luke
it's coming along but im gonna reweld the seat supports their extremely crooked an not very stable
i'm gonna build a better setup with some old frame tubes i cut off for my stretch build im working on
so we will see but yeah the seats pretty much gonna be the same setup just stronger
i may shoot the entire finished bike with flat black after i clean it and all the fab work is done.
thanks for looking
i will have more pics soon
sean

im thinking of changing to coaster brake.
ratrod has sime sweet 3g wheels im considering for it
im thinking this will look sweet with a flat black paint and a set of those wheels in red with whitewall tires
we will see
pics soon i am working on the front ornament which will be a skull with lights in the eyes
thanks for looking
Sean

i added fenders i used a flying edge rear fender fr the front
the rear is the original fender on the bike i just cut it an d remounted it
going for the bobbed look
i also put the apes back on
thanks for looking
Sean
0222131704_01_zps309c78e8.jpg

0222131701_01_zpsab6d1e09.jpg

so im back
sorry for the delays in this build
i had a major case of the flu that turned to pneumonia on me so my building days were numbered
but you can kill an old bird that's been thru it all so im back and gonna get this build underway
i have a 3 speed rear wheel im gonna be putting on this build as well as some fiberglass to form my seat
im gonna be starting this this week and i should have pics soon

i promise ill keep updating as i progress providing no more sickness hits
thanks and glad to be back lol i did however score some old wheelchair wheels im thinking of using in a build so i guess that's a good thing
thanks
sean

Where did you find that skull ? I gotta have one of those for my Old school Gasser build...that thing is cool !! Bike is coming out awesome...lots of tea and vitamin C !!! :D

thanks old skool 64
that skull is actually a fish tank decoration i got at wal mart
it looks better as a ornament then in the fish tank i just have to wire the eyes with leds
i been drinking alot of tea and yeah vitamin c i think i finally kicked iy buy still a bit out of it but that's normal for me lol.
but yeah just check wal marts fish supply section they should have that skull there that's where i got it from the bottom is hollow to so its easy to make a mount for it
thanks
Sean

Sean...thanks a ton..I will go check it out after work tomorrow...go easy on the cold...my "better half" thought she had it beat...and was feeling better...then it came back...i got lucky so far this year...knock on wood...lol

burrkrayecycles said:
thanks old skool 64
that skull is actually a fish tank decoration i got at wal mart
it looks better as a ornament then in the fish tank i just have to wire the eyes with leds
i been drinking alot of tea and yeah vitamin c i think i finally kicked iy buy still a bit out of it but that's normal for me lol.
but yeah just check wal marts fish supply section they should have that skull there that's where i got it from the bottom is hollow to so its easy to make a mount for it
thanks
Sean

Latest posts

Back